• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Mister clean

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I'm going to murder my dad. He left a bucket of diluted mister clean and cold water laying around. I didn't see it, but Yen managed to fall in. I heard the plop, went to find out where it came from, got her out and immediately rinsed her off from beak to tailtip.

Dad pretended not to know what it was and just went 'so' when I told him she fell in it. Eventually, he fessed up to filling it up some 3-4 days ago.

Is she going to be okay? The vet's not taking any new patients until Thursday. She seems active and alert, but is shaking from fear and cold.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Shoot, I got the secretary on the phone, she's talking to the vet for me.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh yikes! I hope she’ll be okay. It’s good you rinsed her off so quickly.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh nono that is awful. I don’t know that product, I hope she is going to be okay and sending lots and lots of good thoughts to her and you. Remember you Will move out soon:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Let us know what the vet says. I hope she is okay.

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
Oh no! Poor Yen, I hope she's okay. Keep us updated please?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I will, I'm just so mad. He put it near the feeding station, but tucked out of view. He had no reason to put it there and should have dumped it out days ago. He wasn't even cleaning around there. The stand's in the middle of the playroom and he was cleaning out his bathroom.

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
I'm glad she's doing okay so far, make sure to give her lots of scritches and cuddles for us.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Trust me, @RaeT, I will. I've already picked her up and gave her scritches and pats while checking her over for anything odd looking.

Her vent's still a little wet, but I'm not noticing any redness or any signs of discomfort/itchiness. I think we dodged a major bullet here.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Yen. Good that she is doing OK.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Make sure to keep her warm, watch for any excessive scratching,on her part. Did you rinse under her wings?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Make sure to keep her warm, watch for any excessive scratching,on her part. Did you rinse under her wings?
At least two or three times. She's comfortable with being upside down in my hands, so it wasn't too difficult. The hardest part was convincing her to let go of my shirt so I could get her wet again. Once I had her off of me, I immediately turned her upside down and got her under warm running water. I'm pretty sure I rinsed off every inch of her, she looked like a drowned rat once I was done with the poor gal.

Well suffice it to say birds are like perpetual toddlers so it stands to reason they will find trouble even if trouble isn't looking for them. Well let's hope she doesn't trouble trouble, till trouble troubles her the next time. Hope she stays well.
xP You're telling me. It seems like they find a new way of scaring the life out of me every day. If someone's not hiding, someone else is trying to go see the dogs (a big nono around here), or knocking things over, trying to eat things they shouldn't eat or trying to go visit the big, fun-looking off limits hat in my mom's room, pretending to panic just to get the rest of the flock to panic... the list goes on.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh dear! Hope shes ok,,,time to put down some SERIOUS rules kiddo...:hug8:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And she seems to be completely alright. She did go to bed a half-hour early last night and I was a little worried, since she usually tries to do everything not to go to bed, but I think she's going to be okay. She's nyooming around, poking her nose in everything, singing the song of her people, and just generally ruling the roost. Still no signs of redness, itching or any feather issues other than the lack of her usual nutmeg smell.

It's such a relief. She just regrew all her tailfeathers, too. Yen's a trouble magnet.
:faint:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Soo relieved to hear that! You go Yen:heart:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Good thing your heard her ploop & washed it off ASAP@

Lucky is was dilute & it was Mr Clean which does not look to be too caustic or contain antibacterials...

:sadhug2: