• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mini Wings Parrotlet Harness

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Parrotlet Harness

So I've decided to buy one of these buggers and really rip it apart for future buyers. I found there wasn't ANY details on the site (even after asking her about them), and the reviews aren't helpful. So for the benefit of the community, I plan on photographing and reviewing every aspect of this product, and tracking to see if I have an success with it. :p

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
I wonder if one of those would fit my Zazu. I would love to have one, I just can't imagine he'd like having it put on him. I imagine there'd be lots of nips and bites in my future. :roflmao:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I wonder if one of those would fit my Zazu. I would love to have one, I just can't imagine he'd like having it put on him. I imagine there'd be lots of nips and bites in my future. :roflmao:
Well I'll let you know how it goes. Ollie warmed up to me incredible fast, and is okay with me placing bows around him (tested) and of course handling his wings. I also made sure he was okay with my taking my hand and covering his face then moving it towards his belly, to simulate the harness being put on. He was okay with that too. So we'll see how it goes. xD

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Great! :D
I'm very interested in seeing your photos and review.

maddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Malene
Pls keep us posted on how it goes. I would love to be able to take Sally and Tequila outside - outside their cages, that is - on warm summerdays.

Last edited:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm very curious to hear about this!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Let us know how it fits...I don't think I would ever try bringing my parrotlet outside though in a harness. She is so iny and the thought of losing her is too scary..

Samurai

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elle
I've seen the video before but wasn't aware of the type of harness. Not sure I'd tether any bird to a moving motor cycle though but will be interested in the review

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That harness is so stinkin' cute, though tethering a bird to a moving scooter is not a great idea, esp one so little. There is no give to that harness and they could jerked around if they lose their balance.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Believe me, Ashley and I both looked at the video and questioned that lady's sanity :eek:.

Also she's added a "Green Cheek specific" harness and says it's not for Pineapples or Cinnamons... why would a color mutation not fit the harness? I can see a Sun being too big for that, but other GCC color mutations? Huh?

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I've read (I think on here) that some of the gcc mutations tend to be bigger than others..but I didn't realize it was that much of a size difference...anyways that's a cute idea hope it works for Ollie!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I didn't realize that either... that seems just a little silly.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
So for those of you thinking this might be a good harness for a lovebird, it's not. WAY too small for a lovie.

Now, for the moment you've been waiting for. The harness arrived today in the mail, roughly 5 days after it was ordered. Which is pretty decent, I'd imagine. However, it's packaging was a little alarming to me as I assumed it would of AT LEAST been in a box:

please don't harass me at my address, I just figured we're all adults here and didn't need to blurr it. (However, feel free to send Ollie some gifts. XD!!)

After I took a photo of the packaging, I opened up the envelope, and removed all the contents. It's definitely something she has a company make for herself, because it's just not "professional" as far as I see it.

Call me a jerk, but why is the paper cut like that? It's missing a fragment of text and I don't know what it says! On top of that the harness came covered in millet and it got all over my floor. :marievacuums:

Now onto the actual harness, I must say I'm impressed but unimpressed. There is a cute little ring at the end of the leash which I thought was pretty clever. However, the harness itself isn't very heavy duty. Now I still plan to test it on Ollie, but I'm not sure I could trust it to actually keep him safe if he so much as tugged at it.

Sorry for the horrid pictures, I only had my cell phone!
I'll post updates of me working with this on Ollie.

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Oh my gosh!
I love the little ring.

I planned to do something similar for a larger parrot with an aviator. I was going to find a solid metal bangle or something to clip the leash to, because I'd want to clip it to something vs just holding it and I know I'd worry all day about one of my belt loops randomly snapping or something. (not that they do often or anything, I'd just over worry)

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I know the point of buying this harness is that there isn't another small enough to fit a parrotlet. That's why it was made, after all.

But you should be very cautious of those kinds of clips. A parrot can totally open those.
I guess maybe there is a chance parrotlets aren't strong enough to? I wouldn't personally know?

But I would even look into finding little replacement ones that screw shut vs having a spring closure thing, you know?

Edit: You can find the right clasps pretty easily just by googling "small/tiny screw clasps". Just make sure it's a safe metal.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley

Seeing as he couldn't care that it was there, and wasn't afraid or bothered by it's presence I decided to see if he'd let me put it on. He did without much of a struggle. Of course, as soon as it was on he started to try and eat it. :shifty:

And then (see first photo) he managed to get his foot through the chest piece. Sigh.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
:arghh: Stop being so cute, Ollie! You're killing me (softly)!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name