• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mini Wings Parrotlet Harness

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
The harness is undergoing a beak test. Lets see how much this thing can handle. Or can't handle.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Unfortunately the harness wasn't made as well as it was advertised. I'd made progress with Ollie, but he was all too fascinated with the silver clasp. He bit through the leash material and now the harness is useless. :( So as for my vote? Do not buy this harness. Parrotlets CAN chew through the leash itself.

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
Unfortunately the harness wasn't made as well as it was advertised. I'd made progress with Ollie, but he was all too fascinated with the silver clasp. He bit through the leash material and now the harness is useless. :( So as for my vote? Do not buy this harness. Parrotlets CAN chew through the leash itself.
Thanks for the review!! I would've tried it if I hadn't known better. I hope you will let the seller know. Ollie is adorable btw, & the harness was cute while it lasted :xflove:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
The pictures were just adorable. So sorry it wasn't good enough quality to use. So darn cute! I wish Aviator made you to fit your little one because they are quality and safe.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I hate to say, but I think we both half expected it to fail.

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
It's rather strange it will fit a normal GCC but not a cinnamon or pineapple. My Cinnamon Chick falls in the normal weight range for a GCC. However if your Parrotlet ate it, I can imagine how long it would last Hana.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yeah I thought that was weird too but apparently a normal GCC is smaller in weight and size to the other mutations.

Cyreen

I've heard turquoises are larger, but I've never heard anything significant in regard to pineapples or cinnamons (and certainly not Hana).

[Image courtesy of Majestic Parrots]

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I imagine even an aviator wouldn't stand up to too much chewing. (what chance does any "fabric" have when parrots can demolish houses?) Especially from a macaw or something with a bigger beak (cape? alexandrine?) I know of a vasa owner that had to send their aviator back for another one, for example.
The idea is to train your parrot to be okay in and not chew/eat the harness.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Tints, parrotlet beaks are strong this is true. But a harness should have some durability. This one was visibly fragile. Some birds adapt easily to a harness, and others will beat it senseless. Even when you train them properly.

I mean Ollie hated this harness, but doesn't mind the flight suit. :p

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Tints, parrotlet beaks are strong this is true. But a harness should have some durability. This one was visibly fragile. Some birds adapt easily to a harness, and others will beat it senseless. Even when you train them properly.

I mean Ollie hated this harness, but doesn't mind the flight suit. :p
Ollie you just like to wear bird panties, let's face it.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Linda, and welcome to the Avenue. This is an old thread and the members who posted the photos haven't logged in for at least a couple of years. You're better off starting a new thread if you have a question.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Would have been nice to see the pictures.. I hope the quality of the harness has improved in the last 5 years!