• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Midnight snacks

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
Does anyone else have a bird that gets up in the middle of the night to eat? Our RB2 wakes up around 2am every morning and eats. It's always dark, we cover his cage to protect from drafts from the A/C. I've never had any other bird do this. Is it normal? Is it weird? It's pellets, which he always has access to.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa (my green cheeked) was a late night snacker. Bobber (Quaker) also did most of his eating after lights out!

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
Koopa (my green cheeked) was a late night snacker. Bobber (Quaker) also did most of his eating after lights out!
This makes me feel better. I just thought it was so strange. He eats throughout the day, gets cooked and fresh foods offered morning and afternoon, and always has pellets available. He's constantly eating something. I know he burns a lot of it off while playing though, and we're working on flight training while his clip grows out. (He's actually an amazing flyer for being clipped)

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Papaya gets up in the middle of the night and flings food outta his bowl until Bean gets angry and bites at him. They bicker back and forth for a good 20mins before going back to bed.

Lennerd just snacks. You can here him randomly crunching through the night lol

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton is an overnight eater at times....and like @cnyguy's George did, he'll eat and laugh at the same time...sometimes he'll even talk to the food, which is a hoot...

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
I don't remember George ever talking to his food like Milton does :laugh:, but he did talk in his sleep. :D