1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Midnight snacks

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by RawPasta, 7/13/18.

1. RawPasta

RawPasta Sprinting down the street

Kelley
    Does anyone else have a bird that gets up in the middle of the night to eat? Our RB2 wakes up around 2am every morning and eats. It's always dark, we cover his cage to protect from drafts from the A/C. I've never had any other bird do this. Is it normal? Is it weird? It's pellets, which he always has access to.

Erikalynnha likes this.
  2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    Koopa (my green cheeked) was a late night snacker. Bobber (Quaker) also did most of his eating after lights out!

Erikalynnha likes this.
  3. RawPasta

Kelley
    This makes me feel better. I just thought it was so strange. He eats throughout the day, gets cooked and fresh foods offered morning and afternoon, and always has pellets available. He's constantly eating something. I know he burns a lot of it off while playing though, and we're working on flight training while his clip grows out. (He's actually an amazing flyer for being clipped)

Erikalynnha and Mizzely like this.
  4. cnyguy

cnyguy Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Gary
    Neither Ralph nor Scooter do that, but George the YCA did. Sometimes late at night, I could hear him crunching food and occasionally laughing softly between bites of food. :D

cassiesdad, Erikalynnha and RawPasta like this.
  5. Erikalynnha

Erikalynnha Jogging around the block

Erika
    Papaya gets up in the middle of the night and flings food outta his bowl until Bean gets angry and bites at him. They bicker back and forth for a good 20mins before going back to bed.

Lennerd just snacks. You can here him randomly crunching through the night lol

cassiesdad and Mizzely like this.
  6. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Milton is an overnight eater at times....and like @cnyguy's George did, he'll eat and laugh at the same time...sometimes he'll even talk to the food, which is a hoot...

cnyguy likes this.
  7. RawPasta

Kelley
    Sometimes I talk to my food.... maybe Milton is my spirit animal.

cassiesdad and Mizzely like this.
  8. cnyguy

cnyguy Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Gary
    I don't remember George ever talking to his food like Milton does :laugh:, but he did talk in his sleep. :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)