• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet my new boy Cheeko!!!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Oh, of course :D I really had my heart set on a turquoise but he just felt "right". We've always had a pet named Cheeko in my family as long as I can remember.

He's too cute - he steps up and goes "home" into his cage on command - and he puts his head down for scratches and lets me flip him on his back. It's so weird to be able to touch him on the back and wings without being bitten :roflmao:

He is a gem!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Oh, of course :D I really had my heart set on a turquoise but he just felt "right". We've always had a pet named Cheeko in my family as long as I can remember.

He's too cute - he steps up and goes "home" into his cage on command - and he puts his head down for scratches and lets me flip him on his back. It's so weird to be able to touch him on the back and wings without being bitten :roflmao:

He is a gem.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's gorgeous! and I see you're a fellow Poke'mon fan eh? You have some of the older figures on your desk I see. I'm very jealous of that larger Charmander :)

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
He's gorgeous! and I see you're a fellow Poke'mon fan eh? You have some of the older figures on your desk I see. I'm very jealous of that larger Charmander :)
Yup! And to the right of the Hello Kitty piggybank is my Japanese Pokemon Center Whimsicott Substitute doll... that is probably my most "special" bit of Pokemon merch :D

Also, yes, he was from Heaven's Lil Darlings. He made it all the way to BC somehow! Gonna see if she has a recorded hatch date for him :D

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Congratulations!!! GCCs are such engaging little personalities...enjoy :heart: :hug8: :heart:

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Btw, does anyone know anything about PBA on a leg band?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yup! And to the right of the Hello Kitty piggybank is my Japanese Pokemon Center Whimsicott Substitute doll... that is probably my most "special" bit of Pokemon merch :D

Also, yes, he was from Heaven's Lil Darlings. He made it all the way to BC somehow! Gonna see if she has a recorded hatch date for him :D

Ah,I thought that's what it was. Very nice indeed,I'm a little on the older side to still enjoy Pokémon but it was the best part of my childhood so I still collect some plushes and figures now a days and play the new games.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
He sure is loud :eek: I hope this is only a temporary adjustment period thing and not actually the reason he was rehomed!

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Which country are you in? I only know some Canadian ones.
I'm in the US...I'd wondered if it was something generic like Petsmart Breeders of America. My ysgcc was rehome who was originally (and briefly) purchased from Petsmart.

Last edited:

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
He sure is loud :eek: I hope this is only a temporary adjustment period thing and not actually the reason he was rehomed!
Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I am completely besotted with my little GCC, on sooo many levels. She was an angel her first week here...at one week and one day, the feistiness in her personality showed itself :smuggrin:
Not in a bratty way, just in her ability to indicate her desires. I think the feisty quality is a plus, as I never wanted a "yes man" in a bird, but a true companion.
BellaBelle is exceedingly quiet, sweet, cuddly, independent and clean (far from the food flinging I'd read about in some GCCs, Bella makes zero mess with her dainty eating habits).

Wishing you all the joy in your little man that I've discovered daily in my girl :heart:

Stitchy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chris
What a cutie!!! :heart: My 'plain ol greencheek' is extra loud for hours in the morning! :wideyed: Then he settles down. But he just learned to say 'kiss kiss' and make kissing sounds every time he knows I am around! So in love with him.... :)

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:heart: He is a very adorable plain ol' green cheek! :heart: Looks a lot like my Roma, who is another plain ol' green cheek. :heart:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Welcome to the 'cheekie club'...he is adorable :xflove: Of course all cheekies are beautiful.

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
That's adorable!! Congrats on you new addition! :dancing: :gcc1:

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Apparently Cheeko can say a few things.... I haven't heard anything yet, but we'll see ;)

HLD gave me a bit more info on him... he was hatched Jan 11, 2013 and his parents were both split to blue, so he may carry it as well. :D

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Congratulations on your little cheekie!

I have both tiels and gccs - while the tiels are pretty laid back - the gccs are intense, into everything they are curious about and very much "it's all about me". Sometimes temperamental and nippy but still so very lovable. You just have to grow eyes in the back of your head and be prepared for anything at all.
They sound kind of like lovebirds! This description is making me want one!! :hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@ cupoftea We had to boy lovies who eventually went to a home where they were the only birds and they could help students learn to play the piano. Marco was a very good little boy but lonely in a flock with no other lvies. Polo came home to keep Marco company and all he wanted to do was become a Quaker when he grew up. Polo stalked JJ to the point where I was afraid for Polo's life. Marco was quietly trailing Polo everywhere because he wanted his company.

When Marco and Polo went to live with Julie's mom, the comment my husband made was: "Wow, I neaver realized how noisy the lovies were". I'm not saying that the gccs (or anyone else in the flock) are quiet but the lovies "peeped" their way wherever they went. The gccs will whine (in a heart wrenching, really pitiful way) when they want something ... like out of their cage ... they can be noisy, do talk and have very strong opinions about everything. They are also known for what I call the "Mick Jagger" strut
- I swear they put their hands on their hips with their elbows sticking out, tuck their chins in to their chests, puff everything up (as much as possible for a gcc) and flare their tail feathers.

NB: I haven't seen Jagger be able to flare his tail feathers :hehe:

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine