• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures meet Bebe

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
this little one is finally getting the idea that there is something called bedtime. mom comes in get my water dish cleans it put in fresh water with vitamins in it. she leaves on her bed light and covers me with 2 blankets. then she does the same thing for that other bird that I can hear.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
they are both tucked in for the night. Bebe comes to the top of the cage but no farther. he is still running to his mirror but I saw him in his big dish eating.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
fecal exam is back. he healthy that way, kidneys are functioning pretty well. she said he could come out into the living room, but I think I'm going to wait the full 30days. she is so busy trying to get the clinic back working well with just her and Dr. Paul in the office. Dr. Paul is only there 2 days a week. he does work at another clinic 2 more days a week also. he is semi retired at 74 years old. Bebe is coming closer to me in the cage, he makes sad little Rocky chirps when he wants me to come visit. I sit on the floor in my bedroom and talk to him. he loves the warbler whistle and try's mimic it somewhat. he is not snappy as he was. but still throws a hissy fit if I am too close for his comfort.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is good to hear that he is healthy.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I think Bebe is going to move into the living room either tomorrow or Saturday. I am feeling sad for him and sad cricket chirps that I'm hearing daily. he need to be where there is somebody to talk to, where I can watch him and be apart of his life. he also needs to be better observed, because I'm not seeing heck of a lot of eating right now. Dr. Barb said that he is skinny. I really would like to get him on my scale and get beginning weight. and I'm not happy saying this but because he is such 'wild child' I think I really need to clip his wings. please understand that I'm afraid that he will get behind something that I can't move and get stuck there. he doesn't step up worth a hoot. his PO(previous owner) said that he would go to the top of curtain rods and won't come down. they would chase him until he was exhausted. I WILL NOT DO THAT TO HIM AGAIN...

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have a tiel in quarantine also - I understand the sad chirps also. Mine hears my four other tiels - I hope Bebe and Sweet Pea get along.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
the move is done. for the time being they are on opposite sides of the living room. Bebe near the windows and Sweet Pea in the bird area. they can see and hear each other. I woke up Bebe before Sweet Pea and moved him cage and all into the living room. they are squawking at each other and Sweet Pea is not sure what heck that is doing in her house. I want to set up a play area that both birds can go too, once they are better acquaint to each other. I did take out Bebe's mirrors because he will sit in front them and ignore the world. they will get put back once I see him adjusting to the situation. I put the air purifier right beside his cage, but am thinking that I'm going to get another better one for the living room. we all live there in the summer time and it's blazing hot. and for the time being they will be housed in separate cages, I want to stay as far away from the eggie business as possible.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
pictures from the move.
IMG_0018.JPG
ok, mom enough with the camera.

IMG_0019.JPG
Bebe's side of the living room
IMG_0020.JPG
Sweet Pea's side of the living room.
IMG_0021.JPG
the orange thing in front of him is cuttlebone. he has never had one as far I know. he does his low battery (CO detector) chirp when he is scared. I have been making forging toys like crazy for both birds even though Bebe has no idea what those things are. he has let me thru the bars stroke his crest and taken a few treats from my fingers thru the bars.

GoPack

Strolling the yard
I think Bebe is going to move into the living room either tomorrow or Saturday. I am feeling sad for him and sad cricket chirps that I'm hearing daily. he need to be where there is somebody to talk to, where I can watch him and be apart of his life. he also needs to be better observed, because I'm not seeing heck of a lot of eating right now. Dr. Barb said that he is skinny. I really would like to get him on my scale and get beginning weight. and I'm not happy saying this but because he is such 'wild child' I think I really need to clip his wings. please understand that I'm afraid that he will get behind something that I can't move and get stuck there. he doesn't step up worth a hoot. his PO(previous owner) said that he would go to the top of curtain rods and won't come down. they would chase him until he was exhausted. I WILL NOT DO THAT TO HIM AGAIN...
I'll admit that I had the vet clip my tiels' wings when they went for the first checkup. I felt I had to because of the one flying through the house and ending up in a window curtain just from me trying to get him into the new cage. I don't think you're doing anything wrong if the bird's safety is at stake.

I'm glad to hear he let you touch him and took some treats! Cute pics too!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
thank you, I do my own wing clips and have for years. but this little dude is 'wild child' just like Tuffy was when I got her. with her I was more concerned about her talons being wrapped back into her feet. she bite thru 2 pairs of motorcycle gloves, trimming those nasty nails.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@JLcribber , John the band on his leg is plastic, I was able to get my finger on it briefly today. I most likely will remove it (the Vet will do it). it's so worn that the numbers are unreadable.
he is still adjusting to the living room, and saw me bring Sweet Pea out of her cage for some cuddles. I told him that he can do that to when he is less bitey .

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I'm glad he's in with the flock. That's what he really needs. Onward and upward.

When you mentioned mirrors my first thought was not to put them back. It's much better if Sweatpea starts focusing on a "real" companion/friend. The mirror is just an unnecessary distraction from the task at hand which is making friends. JMO

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@JLcribber
I agree, he has been much more chatty today and allowing me to touch him, even briefly. Sweet Pea has seen him from a distance and in few days I'll bring her closer. I am hoping that is near future I will be able to bring the cages into the same area. they most likely will never live together in the same cage both they will be able to see each other and visit with one another.
Rocky and Tuffy lived together in the same cage, but I was fortune that I only had one egg in the whole time they were together. they were such good, good friends and were happy to be back together.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I found out what is wrong with Brown dishes for Bebe? they are great thing to knock off the bars:pinklol::pinklol::laugh-bounce::laughing7:. little stinker throws them to the floor and then throws them around the floor too boot. BRAT:leslieatwork:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Bebe is eating from my fingers thru the cage bars, corn shoots, kamut shoots, wheat grass, tiny bits of cashews, sunflower seeds. little baby steps. he freaks out still if I move too fast near his cage. Sweet Pea and Bebe have had little chat sessions in the AM's, they get extreme about who can out shot whom.

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
Bebe is eating from my fingers thru the cage bars, corn shoots, kamut shoots, wheat grass, tiny bits of cashews, sunflower seeds. little baby steps. he freaks out still if I move too fast near his cage. Sweet Pea and Bebe have had little chat sessions in the AM's, they get extreme about who can out shot whom.
Excellent!! He's going to be so happy there!!