• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Make your own parrot toys versus buy your own parrot toys?

Which parrot owner activity do you do?

• I don't buy or make parrot toys. I purchase wood and chop it up for my parrots to destroy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kookaburra

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Yvonne
I like to make my own toys since it is more economical - especially for reusing parts and personalizing them to a size or fashion that Tof would like. And the actual toy making process is a great way to play with Tof and to introduce them to her in an organic, stress free way. But there are some toys that I can't make or that I think Tof would like more than something I could produce, plus it's hard to resist shiny, colorful toys that even I want to touch and play with. :p

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like to make my own toys since it is more economical - especially for reusing parts and personalizing them to a size or fashion that Tof would like. And the actual toy making process is a great way to play with Tof and to introduce them to her in an organic, stress free way. But there are some toys that I can't make or that I think Tof would like more than something I could produce, plus it's hard to resist shiny, colorful toys that even I want to touch and play with. :p

You bring up very good points!:)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I buy and make. With 7 birds, it's economical to make toys myself once in a while, I tend to make a lot within a few days then I'm good for a little bit.