• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
WHOO! update to this, m'lady actually agreed that when we have a place of our own she doesn't mind me getting a macaw. :D Man, it might take some years yet, but yay! :dancing: I'm gonna go hang out with the macaws this weekend.

copswife30

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Ok I am kinda new here but I am going to jump right in on this one.
We purchased our B&G at the bird fair in Tallahassee Fl about a month ago, he is so sweet but yes he requires much more attention than our african grey and yellow amazon. He is in his cage during the day when we are at work, but as soon as one of the kids get home they let him out, if they didn't you would have a very upset fella on your hands and he lets you know too.
Simba is 1 year old and yes he will let you touch his tail ;).
He wants to be where ever the rest of the flock is and that includes at the dinner table.. He wants to eat what ever you are eating.
He is not a screamer but when I run the vacuum he gets pretty loud..
Just be prepaired to spends lots of time with any macaw you get :lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Kathy, try giving simba a bath during vacuum time. Mera loves to be sprayed during vacuum time :D

copswife30

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Thanks Mercedez that is a good idea, I noticed the last time he tried to take a bath in his water bowl :dance4:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
LOL I know whatever big bird I get years down the road will be one that requires attention. Most of the reason that I'll only get one when I live with another person is to ENSURE that someone is home a great deal of time. It's not the birds care that daunts me, but making sure my other half is okay with it. I don't want to get a bird and have us divided because of it. The best pet is one added with both parties devotion and agreement. :) Besides, with no kids we gotta have SOMETHING to dote on and be all maternal like with. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.