• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

Masquerade

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
This is my baby, Remy. He's two years old now (but he'll always be my baby!). Sadly he had an accident about a year ago and now suffers from anxiety, hence the plucking, but I love him no matter what.

With my ringneck, Marvel:

I got him at 8 weeks old and we have a special bond; I wouldn't give him up for anything! His personality has changed since his accident, so instead of being lively, curious and bitey like he was before he's now exceptionally snuggly and spends most of the day down my top. Been to the vet a bunch of times and nothing seems to work so far, but I'm always hoping the solution will be around the corner!

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Beep- eldest, around six years old. Female Australian Cinnamon

image.jpeg

Sweet Pea- Edged Dilute, perhaps around a year old. I'm thinking he might be a male.

image.jpeg

Cream Puff, Creamino female, hand fed as a baby. Under a year.

image.jpeg

Lilikoi, Rescue lovie, Male Australian Cinnamon, age unknown.

image.jpeg

Nibby- Masked Dilute, Gender unknown, over a year old.

image.jpeg

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are all so pretty :fairy2:

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
This is my Fischer boy, Kumo. He was from a breeder at 10months.
Weight: Unknown.
image.jpeg image.jpeg He's my lil' powderpuff, and I cannot believe the amount of personality he shows sometimes.
He's a little clown, really.

He's not very fond of humans, but we make progress each day. Some days can be frustrating but I will always continue to give him his time, no matter if he never really becomes fully tame. But I have hope that with time, patience and a bit of millet he'll get there one day. :)

I love the little guy,
all the same, and am so happy I decided to go with a lovebird. They really are such great parrots.

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
I'm glad this thread was started - I find lovies to be one of the cutest birds (I may be a bit biased ;)) and now I get to ogle them all in one place!

This is Gem, the sea green Australian cinnamon pied PF.
Weight: 49g, last time it was checked

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My favourite thing about Gem is that she's smart in a mischievous, conniving kind of way. In a room full of people, she can scope out the person who is the least comfortable with birds, fly to their shoulder and stare into their soul to scare them. She also likes to catch my attention right before knocking things off the table so that I have time to warn her not to, before she pushes it to the ground anyways because she knows she can get away with it. She's got such a personality. :D

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
Here's Jack and Ridley. Jack being the green cock, Ridley being the lovely lutino hen. Unknown age, they where rescued as a pair. Very much anti human, however they are still amazing little dears. Yes, even if they still think I am Satan!
IMAG0460.jpg

It's an old picture, they are both more vibrant now. They also are much less tolerant of cameras!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie my little terror of fluff and owner for the last 15 and a half years of my life. I never thought I would be owned by such a little fluffy feather butt :p I'm loving every moment of it though.

IMG_4248987659579.jpeg Gracie04.jpg

Gracie_03.jpg

And BoBo my arch enemy but Grandma's little singer of 15 and a half years. He is a beautiful bird but gods does he have a hissy fit when I get near himy which is the reason for only two pictures. He went crazy after I took three pictures.

BoBo_01.jpg BoBo_02.jpg

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
EROS
He will be 8 months old on Monday! He found a spot in my heart when he was 2 and a bit months old.
We share a birth- and hatchday!!! (5 January)
Weight? Not entirely sure... We are going to the vet soon to have a genreal check up so I guess we will find out then!
I'm pretty sure he's a boyo_O getting DNAd at the vet too.

20160814_132204.jpg

IMG_20160802_053936.jpg

20160831_170423.jpg

IMG_20160801_054800.jpg

Eros just has so many quirks and things he does that make him the amazing little peachy that he is.

He LOVES to wet his face and then dye it blue. You can always tell when it has been a hot day because of how blue his face is!

He is also super cuddly! Every weekend he is up by 6 and calls me. He stays in my bedroom so I can keep an eye on him as he sleeps [he has a lot of dreams and sometimes slips off his favourite perch so it is easier to make sure he hasn't hurt himself]. Once he's awake, he hops into bed with me and makes a blankie nest out of his blankie and goes back to sleep in my arms (pit).

Scritches are his vice. He begs for the all the time. He also likes to be pet? Just like you would with a dog but of course with one finger softly on his head:hehe:

We have dance parties too! I love to dance and he will sit on my arm bobbing along to any song. :birdance::disco: Eros is also one of the few creatures that don't mind me singing and often sits in my hair on my shoulder while I sing for him.

Eros loves people and other animals. He is very good at imitating other birds and has lured so many into the house or I come into my room to find them siting on the window ledge.

Eros is my feathered other half:loveshower:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
026.JPG 1 of my fids is Tiny he is a peach face. He is 15.5 years old, I hand reared him since 5 days old along with his 5 siblings. His nickname is "pooplet as he used to love chasing , the other birds around. Tiny was the smallest of the clutch of 6 babies. He has slowed down in energy these days, He no longer likes to fly around, but loves to cuddle up in my housecoat which is nice and fuzzy for him. He is small weighing in at just 48 grams.

Petro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Petro
Vlerrie! I got him as a present a few weeks after my other lovie passed away. He already responded to his name so I didn't change it. He (think he's a he!) is 8months old. He is extremely cuddly and his eyes are never off me when I'm busy. He is impatient, fearless and too curious for words. When he runs he looks like a kid with a wet diaper. I specifically loves the way he stretches his neck and stares into your face :) tiliting his head

Attachments

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra

Peanut :heart:
Weight: 47 grams
Hobbies: Pushing things to the floor, cuddling, building nests. Is millet a hobby or a lifestyle? :laugh:

She is a cuddly little velcro sweetheart some days, content to play by herself by pushing all her and my possessions onto the floor others. Repeatedly.
She is an empathetic tiny friend but has her own private set of rules she inflicts on other people and very clear ideas of what is and isn't hers. It took a couple years actually of being extremely respectful of her rules, rarely pushing her to the point she felt like she had to bite me, to make her relax about them as she came to respect me more in return and trust I wasn't always out to steal her stuff. She is quite smart but very impatient, like when she gets frustrated with a toy she will very quickly turn towards violence as a problem solving method. :D
Like all lovebirds, everything she ever does is the single cutest thing that ever happened in the history of mankind.

I didn't think it was possible to love another living thing this much when I got her, I thought I was getting a pet when I brought her home all those years ago.

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Here we go....
I would consider millet a nasty habit :pokerface: :hehe: peanut is adorable

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Okay, okay.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Luna!
Weight: 45 g

Currently loves kisses, being whistled to, and generally being a brat. Hates weirdly coloured nails, my sister, being told what to do, and bed time.

She was brought home at 9 weeks from a local breeder last November. She is completely hand tame, but can be nippy, particularly with people who aren't me, and especially when ear lobes are involved.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anakin
Weight: 53 g

Loves sunflower seeds, flapping about in the morning while I get ready and get their breakfast, and balsa. Not a huge fan of having his ankles bit (thanks, Luna), and human hands are also not so good.

Anakin was a rescue bird, who came home in February. He was not even remotely tame when he came home, but will now ride around on my shoulder, take food from my hand, and occasionally fly to me. He's the sweetest and most easy going bird I've ever met. Never picks fights, isn't loud, never bites, and goes into his cage no problem when needed. He's basically a dream parrot.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Yes, I know I've been slack. PhD life is keeping me busy (but don't worry, birds 1 and 2 still get plenty of love and attention).