• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Help

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Years ago my caiques used fleece Happy Huts without incident but I have now heard fatal stories of birds getting tangled up or ingesting the fabric so I'm opting to not give one to Gigi. I think she would love it honestly. I throw a blanket over part of her play gym and she goes in the covered section and chortles away. Linnies love to burrow. So that's my safe version of a Happy Hut. Another thing that just occurred to me is that her nails could catch on the fabric. Linnie's nails grow super fast and Gigi needs to be trimmed every 2 1/2 months or so. Just when they are getting long she starts catching on stuff.

OMG so cute that you have a little watch-bird to tell you the kids are coming home! Summer sounds adorable!

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Personally, I don't like the idea of cozy huts. Call me overprotective, but anything could happen out of view, she could be laying eggs and you wouldn't know lol. That's just my opinion.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Personally, I don't like the idea of cozy huts. Call me overprotective, but anything could happen out of view, she could be laying eggs and you wouldn't know lol. That's just my opinion.
Yes! That's a reason I forgot to mention. Birds can get a little nesty with huts.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is too cute with that little upside down head!

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thank you! She is a joy

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My linnies have a grass hut which they are slowly destroying. And once she starts eating look out! Linnies looooooove to eat. Mine gobble apples, broccoli, grapes, almost anything I give them. I also feed mine Roudybush, with some Just Veggies dried veggies mixed in. They make the cutest sounds too! My turquoise makes this buzzing and alternates with their usual chirping. Sometimes they make this loud giggle sound when they hear something on the tv.