• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lighting

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Yes they are pretty bright. Still nothing compared with direct sunlight though. If it seems that bright I can imagine the lighting without it and that would be pretty dim as you described. Just imagine how your bird will feel after a few days with it. I'd expect a busy bird.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Yes they are pretty bright. Still nothing compared with direct sunlight though. If it seems that bright I can imagine the lighting without it and that would be pretty dim as you described. Just imagine how your bird will feel after a few days with it. I'd expect a busy bird.
My lovebird and conure are pretty busy generally, but not my linnies, so it'll be interesting to see if they perk up a bit.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I didn't see anything about this burn off period in the documentation....

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
You did get the Avian Sun 5.0 didn't you? I attach the pdf with full instructions. It does say to stand the lamp off a little further for the burn-in period, about 2 weeks. This would be relevant info for other cfl avian lamps too.

Attachments

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
You did get the Avian Sun 5.0 didn't you? I attach the pdf with full instructions. It does say to stand the lamp off a little further for the burn-in period, about 2 weeks. This would be relevant info for other cfl avian lamps too.
Yep, that's the one I got! I got the bulb and lamp together. Thanks for the info!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Aaaw, look at them, "what's this strange light thing?". It'll probably take a few days for them to settle down with it.