• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lesser Sulfur Cockatoo in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
If he's smaller than your BFA, I'd go with Lesser. I'd still be interested in a weight. That's the best way to tell.

As for eye color, if you have a definite light brown, it's generally female. Males can look brown in natural light and there will always be exceptions to the rule. I'll try and get some pictures of Reggie's eyes and Addison's eyes for comparison.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that I brought Birdy to a local parrot rescue. He needed more medical treatment than I was able to provide for him currently. It was so very hard :sad7:. In the short time Birdy was at our house, he made an impact on each person in this house. Even my 5 year old. Who swore that we "didn't need another bird, especially not one as loud as Birdy, that also could climb his way to anywhere in our house (leaving Levi with no where to hide)!" Levi had 2 meltdowns before Birdy was even out of the house, and 3 more since he's been gone. My husband, who had been bitten 3x and chased around the house by Birdy, struggled with seeing him go as well. :sadbye:
All my boys were willing to "get rid of Zora and to keep Birdy". I assured them that we were never getting rid of any of these birds. Birdy was never meant to be here forever, just that we would find him a good home.
At least I feel good knowing he'll get the medical attention he needs. If it hadn't been for his urgent medical needs, he would've probably became a permanent "foster" bird at our house, due to the difficulty in rehoming a bird like him.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know.. And vent a little I guess.
Thanks guys!
Shanna

Status
Not open for further replies.