• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

less than a year old and I already need to replace my King's European cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If I haven't heard from a place via email within 5 weekdays I start calling.

My one-week old Economy cage seems awesome, but even though nothing went 'wrong' during my ordering process, their customer service seemed pretty poor to me. But the price was right and their powdercoats are supposedly safe, so we shall see.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I would not do that. Buy another or demand a a replacement

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I would call him and talk to him directly. Even if you are replacing the cage with a SS one I would still pursue it. The powder coating should last a lot longer than a year. This is not very good publicity for them on a major bird forum :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:eek: Krylon spray paint? :omg: isn't that what they use to paint graffiti :D :eek: That stuff SMELLS!!!

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I'll probably just call him back because I can't believe he's telling people to spray paint their bird's cage with a product that's loaded with harmful chemicals.

Last edited:

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
:( i was even planing on buying two cages from them after these reviews i would not even think of it espeshily if he wants you to spray piant it :mad:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
WOW this is the WORST customer service I've ever heard from King's Cages!!!:eek:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am not a fan of Kings cages and that really stinks that it last as long as it did.

I will tell you handsdown the Avian Adventures cages are well built, easy to clean and come packed with inspection sheets when you get them.

If you get one, you will not be unhappy. They are not overpriced, they are worth every cent spent on them.

:D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a totally unacceptable solution :mad::mad::mad:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
That is totally unacceptable. Spray paint?!!! Geez!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd like to hear what they have to say when the manufacturer of the paint doesnt recommend its use for bird cages.:huh:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

drop

Wow, that is really weak. Being in Canada and not having easy access to these cages, I have always dreamed about them. I think the dream is over now. Their response is really disgusting.

No matter what their reputation, I will no longer consider buying from this company. I guess I will shop for my two futur SS cages elsewhere.

Best of luck in resolving this situation.

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
He's in a 36" because he is petrified of the 40"!!:eek:
HA HA! Saroj, I had the same problem with Tuchis TAG! I bought a Kings 406 for him, 46"x30"x70". He was ok during the day but had frequent night terrors to the point that I switched him back to his baby cage. That cage is an HQ 32"x23"x45" inside and he's very happy in it. I'd like to go a little bigger, but can't find something in between that I like. I saw on the A&E thread that you have the A&E SS cages and really like them? How long have you had them?

By the way, I also used plexiglass at one point but I cut it myself and it was horrible! Maybe I'll try Lowe's and let them do the cutting. If you can get the right size, it is slick.

Trout, I was looking at the Kings SS that I think you were too. 24"x34"x42" inside? Nice cage and shipping is free if you are east of the Mississippi. They wanted $1200 for it I think though and I'm sick of the Victorian tops. I really want a dome top...beautiful cage though! I have my CAG in a similar sized cage and she's good to go in it. She's a big girl too at 550 grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.