• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kiwi left us this morning.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks everyone, I really missed her welcome home greetings today. She'd go buhbeeboo, little sister said it sounded like I love you, and kind of a woowoo vocalization. Maybe that's typical for blue crowned Conures. None of the other birds were as consistent about greeting us as she was for her short time here. She was starting to open up and trust me seeing how I generally did the holding and feeding when she felt bad. Her beak spike was so long she would try to bite but mostly just turn her face sideways trying to knaw and lick us.
She always took treats nicely and was the first to notice when a bag of goodies was opened, then she'd be craining her head trying to see what we had.
I've got a good picture of her sleeping on my stomach her last night with us if anyone wants to see it.
Aw she sounds like such a lovely girlie. I'm just so sorry you had to say goodbye to her so soon. I know I'd love to see that pic. :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Ditto on the picture. She was your friend and as a part of your family, she was part of ours.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: She was so loved :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no. I am so very sorry.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
A couple of pics of Kiwi, one after the first vet visit and one her sleeping on me her last night with us. She'd wake up and crawl farther up my chest and touch my arm etc, I think she was happy to be cuddled. We took her remains to be cremated at the vets. The head vets opinion was she was very old and 3 things probably could have happened, her heart just gave out, her kidneys, or her liver but it really wasn't worth doing a Necropsy as she basically had wore out from being old and things started shutting down.
We are getting her ashes in a nice little picture box and they will give us a cast of her foot prints.

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
She felt loved and safe. What more can any of us want than that?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A couple of pics of Kiwi, one after the first vet visit and one her sleeping on me her last night with us. She'd wake up and crawl farther up my chest and touch my arm etc, I think she was happy to be cuddled. We took her remains to be cremated at the vets. The head vets opinion was she was very old and 3 things probably could have happened, her heart just gave out, her kidneys, or her liver but it really wasn't worth doing a Necropsy as she basically had wore out from being old and things started shutting down.
We are getting her ashes in a nice little picture box and they will give us a cast of her foot prints.
Aww that's such a special pic to have and cherish.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Kiwi. :bluhug:Those pics you posted of you two together are wonderful, you can’t miss the bond and the love. What better way to spend the last while here than held and surrounded by that comfort.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
So very sorry Terry. Glad she was with you when she passed. :sadhug2:

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
What beautiful pics

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:sad6:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We have her back in her nice box the pet crematorium gave us and I picked the good picture for the front. They gave us her footprints too on a little disk. I sure miss her and her noises:(

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a beautiful tribute.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Thanks, they did a great job and I just wish I could have worked with her earlier but you can tell she was happy and so was I.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
She sure looked happy and comfortable with you! I'm so sorry you lost her.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
So am I, I feel bad I didn't make more of a effort to push her and interact with her sooner but she would sorta try to bite so didn't want to push to hard and get her deciding she didn't like us or we were too pushy with her. The vet sent us a very nice card today signed by all the techs and the head bird vet. It has a very nice picture of a Blue Crown on it.