• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kitty needs a good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Wish I was up there as there is always room for one more kitty in our life we lose to this year old age gets us all in the end. Have you tried a local paper some time they allow you to put adds in the paper for free for free animals.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I would never list an animal in the paper or on CL for free. It is just not safe and you have no idea who is getting them or why they want them. I have heard too many sad stories and been there myself once.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Kitty has a home. :o:

ThatDarnBird

I know he needs spayed. I found a clinic that will do it for $65 including all shots but as bad as it sounds I just don't have $65 to get it done right now and neither does my mom.
I have had a lot of extra bills lately and all my extra money needs to go to the pets in my care. I wish it were different but it's not and I can't do anything about that right now:(
If I had to choose between getting the neuter done or the vaccines done I would choose to neuter every time. Vaccines are important but getting him neutered is the most important, I would not delay getting it done because you want to hold out for vaccines as well but can't afford it. We would all like to do the premium for our animals but sometimes we can't. Neutering is the minimum and should be done regardless of your financial situation. Does your local Animal Control offer low cost neutering? Cat neutering at clinics might be as little as $15-$25.

PS: Lindsay that's great!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran

If I had to choose between getting the neuter done or the vaccines done I would choose to neuter every time. Vaccines are important but getting him neutered is the most important, I would not delay getting it done because you want to hold out for vaccines as well but can't afford it. We would all like to do the premium for our animals but sometimes we can't. Neutering is the minimum and should be done regardless of your financial situation. Does your local Animal Control offer low cost neutering? Cat neutering at clinics might be as little as $15-$25.

PS: Lindsay that's great!
I am scheduling an appointment for the neuter asap. The cheapest clinic I found around here is $65 for everything including rabies and distemper shots. No one is offering just the neuter/spay that I could find. My moms vet charges $95 for just the surgery so I think this is a pretty good deal.

Just for clarification, my mom's cats are all spayed or neutered as are mine. The only reason Buddy was not is because he is a stray and she could not afford it right now. We always make sure our animals are fixed:)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Update,
Buddy has an awesome home!
:dance4:

However his sibling that my mom said disappeared seems to have been living under the neighbors house and she said he is friendly too. Which leads me to believe she has probably been caring for both cats thinking they were the same since they look identical:huh:
The way she described him when they first came was very scared but now if he is letting her pet him then I bet he is hanging around with his brother this whole time.

So one more kitty up for adoption to anyone interested! I am trying to find out if male or female, waiting on my mom to get back to me.
:)

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:bump4: for Kitty #2!

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
There are TWO kitties, Jim. I'm taking one, but the other still needs a home.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww Lindsay you're such an angel :)
Hope Kitty #2 can find a home! I'd be willing to pitch in some money toward spaying/neutering and shots for whoever adopts the kitty!

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay

Hope Kitty #2 can find a home! I'd be willing to pitch in some money toward spaying/neutering and shots for whoever adopts the kitty!
:highfive:

FYI, the low-cost clinic near Crystal doesn't have any appointments available until October-November, so "Buddy" will be done at her mom's vet (because it's still half the cost of taking him to my own cat vet). I, too, will chip in towards Kitty 2's costs if someone can give him a home! Leaving one behind makes me feel terrible. :(

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Awww, thank you guys! You are the best!

Lindsay don't feel bad, you are doing an awesome thing taking in "Buddy"! :hug8:

We can't save them all as hard as it is to try, believe me I know! If I had a house I would have considered another cat but in my living situation I have no bird room or anyway to separate the cats from the birds and I would NEVER bring in a cat that has been hinting outdoors with my birds. So I have to be ok with that and just try to help them.

My mom thinks the other cat is a boy but he is a little more skittish than Buddy. He will let you pet him but not pick him up. He hasn't had as much attention as Buddy has living under my moms trailer. But I think given a chance he would be a real sweetheart too.

Buddy is a love and rubs up on your legs when you walk by him and rolls over on his tummy:heart:

ThatDarnBird

:highfive:

FYI, the low-cost clinic near Crystal doesn't have any appointments available until October-November, so "Buddy" will be done at her mom's vet (because it's still half the cost of taking him to my own cat vet). I, too, will chip in towards Kitty 2's costs if someone can give him a home! Leaving one behind makes me feel terrible. :(
I guess this is a bad time of year to get into the low cost clinics, all the spring kittens and puppies are at the age of needing to be done. Don't feel bad for not taking both, you are helping with a situation you did not create, you are helping above and beyond.:hug8: Sadly, there is no shortage of animals needing help. If you can't help them all then help the ones you can.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Crystal sent me a pic of his trip to the vet today..

buddycat.jpg

Just chillin' in the carrier, like he goes to the vet every day.:cool4:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Lol, he was a good boy! I think you will love him!
He gets neutered on Monday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
You know, I was just thinking about possibly getting a friend for Ood -- he's still very young and has been seeming bored.

I'm not 100% that I could do it. I would have to consider costs and see if it were even possible. There's a chance that two would just be too many for us, or that Ood wouldn't tolerate another cat.

I don't know how close you are to Philadelphia, either.

Still, there's a chance. I will watch for updates and do some research. Money sucks here. I don't have much but my fiance just got a job. Still, I don't know if I could INSURE two cats. I will look at the finances and see.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
He is so handsome!!! I love gray cats. Congratulations Lindsay!

Hope kitty #2 finds a good home!

Status
Not open for further replies.