• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ki's New Cage & Toys...Intro

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I see an almond in that little shoe. Oh, Ki, you missed one :p Where DID you get that tiny Croc?
I was just thinking that!! It's darling!

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Celia I don't think the perches are too far apart, he probably IS just shy. He'll be tearing around in there in no time at all. The set up is awesome!
Thank you! Ok, I'll leave it then. We both love it. I cleaned the first poo off of the bars....it took 5 minutes just to remove it...I heard that the aluminum was hard to clean.! I used the GSE...I think I'm going to have to invest in a vapor steamer.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I think I see an almond in that little shoe. Oh, Ki, you missed one :p Where DID you get that tiny Croc?
I was just thinking that!! It's darling!
:hehe: Did you mean...This tiny shoe?
Image 2.jpg It was a extra little pressie that they sent along with the perches and toys from My Safe Bird Store! Every vendor has been super wonderful! PPP , BOTR, and MSBS Oh! and The Laughing Parrot! TLP . I also ordered a Huge rope swing from Natural Inspirations Parrot Cages. I'm going downstairs to pick it up now!!

errr...Don't encourage Ki-piggy- he's discovered in-shell almonds, and chowing down as many as he can find!

Here:

MSBS

And

crocs.jpg The Laughing Parrot

And

SuperBirdToys

I also love these... and will be ordering some at some point
MSBS

I've seen these, too, BUT I would not buy these...I believe they are made in China
(because of the bad dog jerky treats that have been killing dogs because of what's its treated with, I can't trust them.Unfortunately.)
shoe.jpg

Last edited:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Thank you! Ok, I'll leave it then. We both love it. I cleaned the first poo off of the bars....it took 5 minutes just to remove it...I heard that the aluminum was hard to clean.! I used the GSE...I think I'm going to have to invest in a vapor steamer.
I used my Wagner steamer on Noodle's cage today...just got it a couple of days ago. The little brush attachment works great on the poop and when I was done it just FELT super clean. Loved it and it was on sale for like $84 on Amazon.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks great! Where did you get that wood and rope ladder that goes across the cage/

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
nope...I bought it from one of the wonderful vendors here...MSBS My Safe Bird Store! I posted pics of the shipment on pg 1. They were so sweet, and sent me some extras little pressies.
Oh, cool! I've also seen it on Amazon though. :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
nope...I bought it from one of the wonderful vendors here...MSBS My Safe Bird Store! I posted pics of the shipment on pg 1. They were so sweet, and sent me some extras little pressies.
Thanks! I know I saw that at the start but forgot by the time I saw it in the cage,haha thanks a lot.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Thanks! I know I saw that at the start but forgot by the time I saw it in the cage,haha thanks a lot.
No problem....It seems like the vendors on here are SO good at the customer service part of things, and make you feel like you are getting personal service from someone who actually cares about parrots....I'd rather shop with them even if something was $1 cheaper at Amazon.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No problem....It seems like the vendors on here are SO good at the customer service part of things, and make you feel like you are getting personal service from someone who actually cares about parrots....I'd rather shop with them even if something was $1 cheaper at Amazon.
So very true,I havent bought from Petsmart,or anywhere but our AA vendors since I discovered how wonderful they all are. Its so much safer too,I believe since they practice bird safe orders.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
So very true,I havent bought from Petsmart,or anywhere but our AA vendors since I discovered how wonderful they all are. Its so much safer too,I believe since they practice bird safe orders.
I have yet to buy from one of our vendors, since i've been busy with vet bills. I am so excited to though!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Great set up and what a nice cage. Don't worry about distance on placement. Just leave some climbing room on the sides and your bird will learn to navigate which is good for a bird. I like making "stations" to play at. Stations are entertaining and changes things up for them. You might consider almond slivers...smaller and in different places. My macaw doesn't get 6 almonds daily. Although healthy there is fat. Winter time they have a little more than summer time. It is delightful reading your stories and I most certainly look forward to more.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Great set up and what a nice cage. Don't worry about distance on placement. Just leave some climbing room on the sides and your bird will learn to navigate which is good for a bird. I like making "stations" to play at. Stations are entertaining and changes things up for them. You might consider almond slivers...smaller and in different places. My macaw doesn't get 6 almonds daily. Although healthy there is fat. Winter time they have a little more than summer time. It is delightful reading your stories and I most certainly look forward to more.
Thank you very much! I am learning from everyone here! :woot2: AA!
Ok, I will just let him figure it out.
I think part of the effect of joining a parrot forum and learning so much makes me realize how much I didn't know...so now I'm questioning everything it seems. Even stuff I already "think" I know...lol
That itty bitty SS bucket has been a huge hit...but I will be careful not to stuff it with so many almonds next time! It was one way to get him to want to play with it tho...having to forage for treats is new to him...
He's had food as much as he wants all day and I am also re-thinking that aspect! I hear that the food is removed after a few hours, and/or they only get food at certain times. I don't leave anything on his plate that will go bad... and he flies over to his plate when he's hungry, usually about 3 times, when we make breakfast (and his daily plate), mid-day, and around sunset.
Thanks again! :)