• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ki's New Cage & Toys...Intro

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Yay! I got Ki's cage set up, but all the "stuff" is not here yet. I got two amazing shipments in, from Parrots,Parrots,Parrots and My Safe Bird Store! Here are some pics.

Ki's first Fan.....
IMG_4075.jpg IMG_4080.jpg IMG_4082.JPG
Itty Bitty SS Bucket!! It went ignored for 3 days, then...BAM! He loves the In-shell almonds!! I ordered 1lb.
IMG_4083.jpg IMG_4084.jpg
...and lots more toys from PPP! ...I do have a ?? about how to use the GSE? :anyone: It says its a supplement on the bottle.. :imstupid:
IMG_4085.JPG
Here is Ki...he went in on his own!! first time!! and he also flew onto the top twice the very first day. Here he is exploring, and helping himself to "somebirdies" food dish... :lol:
I'm using Puppy Pads right now, until I find out if that bedding from one of the vendors is safe...and what its made out of etc. Ki seems to like the puppy pad tho. For now, I just placed it on top of the grate.

IMG_4096.jpg IMG_4098.jpg IMG_4099.jpg IMG_4101.jpg

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awesome!!!

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I use puppy pads in Charlie's cage too! Well it's under the grate..then I put another liner on top of it where she will occasionally poo (she's not a big cage pooer)

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Why not just use newspaper? Loose substrate in the bottom of cages quickly becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and really encourage cleaning less frequently than paper or even the puppy pads.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
The cage and all his new fun stuff looks terrific!
Thank you...He likes it...but last night, I tried to get him to sleep in it- he peeped and tried to get out, and acted scared, so I put him back in his old cage. But- I have to go to work now, and thinking I'll put him in new cage til I get back. I need him out of his old one ASAP...one of the bars snapped last night!! So...I'm just hoping and praying that he'll be ok with his new one, even if its a bit rushed. :(

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Why not just use newspaper? Loose substrate in the bottom of cages quickly becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and really encourage cleaning less frequently than paper or even the puppy pads.
I like the puppy pads a lot. I've read up about not using most of that other bedding...yuk. :wtf:

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I like the puppy pads a lot. I've read up about not using most of that other bedding...yuk. :wtf:
Out of curiosity, what other bedding are you investigating?

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
:iagree: . Glad you've got your new cage and having fun setting it up Celia. :)

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
That's safe, it's recycled paper. Personally I've used it and I won't go back to it. It's really dusty and also you can't see how much poo is actually in it. That also prevents seeing a change in the poo, which might not alert you to an issue if one is there.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
That's safe, it's recycled paper. Personally I've used it and I won't go back to it. It's really dusty and also you can't see how much poo is actually in it. That also prevents seeing a change in the poo, which might not alert you to an issue if one is there.
I agree. I know newspaper is cheap, but I dont mind paying a bit to have the soft clean look of the P.Pads. He seems to like running around on it...and that's a first!

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
If that's what you're after I'd try paper towels. I'd worry that if he could get to the pads that he may try to eat them and potentially ingest the plastic

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I was pleased with the way the toys were all wrapped Christmas-style, from MSBS. They also sent a sweet extra gift bag! With candy & shreddy treats! So sweet! Not sure how Ki will like that big weird shell...lol it is huge! I also got the large rope ladder, which is already in the cage.

IMG_4105.JPG IMG_4107.JPG

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
:jawdrop1: That cage is beautiful!!!!! :dance4: :dance4: It is so elegant and grand!
And look at Mr. Happy! :heart:

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was pleased with the way the toys were all wrapped Christmas-style, from MSBS. They also sent a sweet extra gift bag! With candy & shreddy treats! So sweet! Not sure how Ki will like that big weird shell...lol it is huge! I also got the large rope ladder, which is already in the cage.

View attachment 163733 View attachment 163734
So sweet!! That's the small-business love you just don't get anywhere else. :) Which member owns MSBS again?