• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just how weird are parrot owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
:huh: Hey, does this mean Renae thinks we are weird? I thought we were talking about birds?

And did she honestly use the phrase 'you people' when referring to us?

Well, I never...

Last edited:

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
LOL I was just telling my cousin today that its ok to eat the bird's food/treats, its all human-grade organic!

shf

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
well i've always been a bird nerd since the day i was born and think it is really genetic; someone that has an obsession or insane interest in esoteric things and birds were it. Woodpeckers, ducks, swallows,blue jays,mockingbirds,chickadees,blue birds, magpies, terns, cardinals, cedar waxwings, bobwhites, hummingbirds, killdeer; kestrels, bald eagles, ravens; seagulls; robins; it doesn't matter what type of bird i'm bird crazy how many people can admit that they are bird nerds? that they prefer to be watching birds than other people?

Last edited:

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
i rearranged my living room THREE times this week because of the 4 new tiels im getting saturday. all the while thinking "well, if i put this here, the birds might get stuck behind it... and if i put this here, they might get scared cuz of the intercom beep. haha. doing all this with an aching back and asthma attack on the horizon... but i did it anyways cuz i love my babies. :D

TypingParrot

i rearranged my living room THREE times this week because of the 4 new tiels im getting saturday. all the while thinking "well, if i put this here, the birds might get stuck behind it... and if i put this here, they might get scared cuz of the intercom beep. haha. doing all this with an aching back and asthma attack on the horizon... but i did it anyways cuz i love my babies. :D
The things we do for them. And they act like they don't eve notice! (because they are the dominant species :lol: )

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
A lot of that is sooo true! my eating habits changed and i no longer invite certain people over for a lack of respect on both feathered and non feathered parties. should add that there are little birdy decorations, be they figurines, or toys parts tracked through the house! :)
i can agree, but it seems like they are the center of attention whenever i have guests. People also ask how they are doing before they ask about my birds. I have people fighting over babies who's "parents" arent even mating or will be allowed to.... I think it is an addiction. And it seems likes its also contagious. Everyone on my floor can hear the birds, BUT nobody complains and they all want birds now!! HA

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T

The things we do for them. And they act like they don't eve notice! (because they are the dominant species :lol: )
Hahah. NOT EVEN!!! Daisy just gives me the snooty lutino look of "are you freakin done yet mom?!"

TypingParrot

:lol: I'm not allowed to clean according to Mickey. If i so much as touch the broom, mop, vacuum, or swiffer (use it to scrub where the mop doesnt) he lets out this blood curdling scream. Our neighbor came over and asked if everything was alright, he heard the bird! I said "yeah, he just put so much into his mess here that he doesn't want me to clean it" the whole while, Mickey is shrieking his little head off. Naomi looks at him like "will you please...just...shut...up?" *sigh*

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I have chats where i live they come do laundry give meds if you forget put a quick meal togather for you do light cleaning.

Well i been on the list for 13 yrs,,lol if i need say a shoe done up or something silly i call then and once a week or so they stick there head in say hi how are you..lol
they like me cause i just need supped help ..lol
ant ways im copping this out and sending it over to the head one lol
trying to get her to understand the connection with a bird im not doing so good

think this will help ..lol thanks so true..lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
All right. I admit it. I am...weird. And, and it's not just birds. I feel the same way about...cats. And, and dogs, too. :sad4: It's just they are so...nice to have around. What can I say? I admit it. I am infected with triple weirdness. :scared5:

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I don't know anyone who has a "DOG ROOM" or furniture for their pets lining the entire living room.

so yes, all, my name is Annaleza and I'm a WEIRDO! :rofl:

Last edited:

TypingParrot

I don't know anyone who has a "DOG ROOM" :rofl:
My grandmother had a room the size of her living for her dog. And the dog only slept there. The dog had her own bedroom. So did the cat.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza

My grandmother had a room the size of her living for her dog. And the dog only slept there. The dog had her own bedroom. So did the cat.
Nice! Those people are few and far between now. Not as prevelant as "us" :lol:

LittleGems

Between the dogs and the birds, oh yeah I am WEIRD for sure! And proud of it! :D

iluvsunconure

Real Name
Raymond :]
Oh man. Talk about weird. I'm the pro at weird. Weirder than Judy. (Which means I'm REALLY weird :o:) Weirder than the weirdest person in the history of weirdness. I'm weird. Hehe. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. It kind of doesn't sound like a word after you say it quite a bit of times huh? I like fluffy ninja unicorns.

But seriously, my friends think I'm crazy. I tell them "Sorry, I have to get home, my parrots are waiting for their daily veggies." and they give the the o________O look LOL. And a cashier once asked me "So what you you gonna make with these veggies?" and I replied, "Oh, these are for my parrots." Then she gave me an awkward look lol. I'm pretty used to it now lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Weird bird nerds unite! Embrace your weirdness! We can change the world! :dance5::dancing::highfive:

Uh. Forget this post. I think I am tired. I am going to bed. Bye....

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
I seem to get everyone hooked on birds that cross paths with me. If they dont run first....rofl

Ive loved them since i was really young..it was me who wanted one and begged my parents for one. If it wasnt for me i dont even think theyd have their TAG and keet now. Just felt they were for me since day one! Weird is a beautiful thing =) I think people are weird to not see the beauty in a parrot!

Status
Not open for further replies.