• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just how weird are parrot owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Yep, I am weird and I admit it!

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
I know I'm weird :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm weird,and I'm glad to be around here where people are just like me. We all understand our weirdness! Is "weirdness" a word, or is it just me being weird? Pardon me,I've got to break up a tiel disagreement...

TypingParrot

Oh man. Talk about weird. I'm the pro at weird. Weirder than Judy. (Which means I'm REALLY weird :o:) Weirder than the weirdest person in the history of weirdness. I'm weird. Hehe. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. Weird. It kind of doesn't sound like a word after you say it quite a bit of times huh? I like fluffy ninja unicorns.

But seriously, my friends think I'm crazy. I tell them "Sorry, I have to get home, my parrots are waiting for their daily veggies." and they give the the o________O look LOL. And a cashier once asked me "So what you you gonna make with these veggies?" and I replied, "Oh, these are for my parrots." Then she gave me an awkward look lol. I'm pretty used to it now lol
I was at a craft store and asked if they had any non toxic wood dye. "Something that you would feel comfortable chewing on?" She said "uh, wel i...Wait, what are you using it for?"
"Making bird toys. Has to be chewable, i don't want to kill them" She told us to give her a second came back and said "no? No I dont think we have what you are looking for."
ME:That's fine, I still have some food coloring left. Wanted to stock up before I ran out!" and off we went!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:huh: Hey, does this mean Renae thinks we are weird? I thought we were talking about birds?

And did she honestly use the phrase 'you people' when referring to us?

Well, I never...
:lol: All applies to me too. I mean, I am weird, I admit it. :ashamed3:

Fergie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Fergie
View attachment 60699 View attachment 60700 Just perching out with my mom & Mango, I must confess that I’m a weirdo too! :dance4:

I have chats where i live they come do laundry give meds if you forget put a quick meal togather for you do light cleaning.

Well i been on the list for 13 yrs,,lol if i need say a shoe done up or something silly i call then and once a week or so they stick there head in say hi how are you..lol
they like me cause i just need supped help ..lol
ant ways im copping this out and sending it over to the head one lol
trying to get her to understand the connection with a bird im not doing so good

think this will help ..lol thanks so true..lol

Inkrose115

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie
Pfft. We all share the same brand of insanity. That's why we're here. Yes I am proud, I will say it. I am proud to have found a dedicated group of weirdo which I can join! Now, has anyone seen the bird bread?

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Not just weird...crazy, obsessed, nutty, and bird-brained (haha) would all describe me as well! I am known as the "Bird Lady" around town, and I am sure they add "crazy" to that when I am not around!

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Ha, yeah, my aunt cannot figure out for the life of her why I filter every new thing, person, food, etc through whether or not it would be good for my birds. She asks "how can people live like that?" when I say that if I changed the flooring or painted my house, etc very special consideration would have to be taken in regards to them. All my clothes, jewelry, nails (yep, Mister is scared of acrylic type nails), furniture, pictures, cleaners, cooking items...basically everything in the whole world has to be thought of in terms of what is good/bad for my birds.

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
Not just weird...crazy, obsessed, nutty, and bird-brained (haha) would all describe me as well! I am known as the "Bird Lady" around town, and I am sure they add "crazy" to that when I am not around!

that's so the same here! All of the people I know call me the bird lady and loads of my close friends add the crazy bit onto it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.