• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just a B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L Warm Swing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barbi
:omg: I'm really trying not to come off like a flake :lol: I'm really trying but one thing just seems to come up after another right now...mostly, I guess what keeps me distracted is that Jeff is leaving for his J.O.B. on Sunday and they keep changing his travel itinerary. I'm having a hard time getting ahold of myself. Let's just say "later" I'll get it done. This is a weird time for me and I don't anticipate myself being such a nutbar after Jeff leaves.
I also have a really awesome HUGE pyramid Snuggly Swing I am trying to finish up before the grand introduction.
As for listing bird species that each swing may be appropriate for...I'm an idiot as far as this goes. I can tell you that Krickett (my yellow collared macaw) will fit or not :hehe: She's the only bird I've ever had and I just can't go making statements that I'm not confident about. Does anyone have any suggestions for a website or something that might help me fill in the blanks and by golly, there are a lot of blanks in my knowledge.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:rofl:

Yes we are strong on patience......yeah right. lol

Barbi

Real Name
Barbi
Okay, I was out in the shop thinking about my response Danita, and I hope I didn't come across like I was being cocky. :heart: but you grabbing numbers out of the air just kinda rubbed my funnybone :hehe: So does it help that I've put the dimensions of the opening? The size of the perch?
I could help someone pick out the right size swing/perch/ect if I knew the measurements of their bird :o: but I can't bring myself to pretend like I know what size any given bird is. I'm a "wood expert" not a "bird expert". I have general ideas, but that's really the extent of it in all honesty...I'm learning.

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
Tessa and Ezzie are anxiously awaiting for their future snuggle swings to become available. They are gorgeous!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Okay, I was out in the shop thinking about my response Danita, and I hope I didn't come across like I was being cocky. :heart: but you grabbing numbers out of the air just kinda rubbed my funnybone :hehe: So does it help that I've put the dimensions of the opening? The size of the perch?
I could help someone pick out the right size swing/perch/ect if I knew the measurements of their bird :o: but I can't bring myself to pretend like I know what size any given bird is. I'm a "wood expert" not a "bird expert". I have general ideas, but that's really the extent of it in all honesty...I'm learning.
I was just teasing, I said it to be funny!!!
:lol:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well show us what you have and we can help you with the figures! The figures of sizes to acommodate the bird size and pricing too!! LOL!! Nah, we'll leave the pricing up to you!

Barbi

Real Name
Barbi
Well show us what you have and we can help you with the figures! The figures of sizes to acommodate the bird size and pricing too!! LOL!! Nah, we'll leave the pricing up to you!
Ahhhhh geesh...I was hoping someone else would price them for me...that's the worst :omg:
They're here Jan. Would love any advise you have about them.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Those swings are absolutely awesome!!!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
:omg: that last one Jelly Bean :D is SO cute!!!

I want another, but I really will keep it for myself this time. NO SHARING :D

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Ah yes, I should have known, after all that is what this thread was about was the Snuggly Swing. I've got to say, those are super cute! not knowing what cost you have in each one and also knowing that it takes ample time to make up each one... no less than $45. each and not sure if that is a good or bad price for that sort of thing. I can see right off the bat that you have at least an hours worth of work if not more to make one up. Those look super, Barbi!!

Barbi

Real Name
Barbi
Okay, I'm in the right neighborhood. Thanks Jan. I'm not sure what tomorrow holds but this is at the tippy top of my priority list. I really want to get these priced and start selling them.
BTW...there is a member on here who shall remain nameless :hehe: that every time "she" places an order at PPBN, specifies EXACTLY what size, etc "she" wants. That's allowed :dancing: As I've told Coco, oops, I mean "her" I'd rather sell you something you know is just right for your fids than a maybe :dance4:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Barbi I hope I didnt stress you out..:hehe::hug8: YES I think you listing the opening and overall size of the swing we should be able to figure out what size we need. I will measure the swing Carlos has now and base my decision on that. We just love your work and are excited to have these to buy for our babies!:heart: Off the top of my head I am guessing the 13x13 opening for Carlos..I will measure when I open his cage. :)

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sooooo may I ask about a trade secret? And if you wish not to reveal it it is all good! :D
I can do this....

chickieppbn.JPG

but how do you thread fleece?

Feel free to say ":p not telling...." :lol:

oh wait...maybe you push it through with a knitting needle?

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh my gosh! Those are beautiful! Ohhh soo beautiful! I think Opa would.. like either the bright pink and yellow one or the softer one. Wow, just oh so pretty. And I think.... I like the I like the last one too, the rainbow looking one.

They are all so beautiful and look so so fun!:dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.