• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joe got to hold Freddy!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That's a pretty big step! Your baby's getting braver. :)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Can't wait to get to hold him myself! He also started head bobbing to me and my son, stretched out and touched my son and my shirt, pulled on my shirt to bring my arm closer then decided not to step up. I just said that's ok Freddy. Can't do it all in 1 day.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Can't wait to get to hold him myself! He also started head bobbing to me and my son, stretched out and touched my son and my shirt, pulled on my shirt to bring my arm closer then decided not to step up. I just said that's ok Freddy. Can't do it all in 1 day.
:hug8:That's a very sweet attitude. I like that about true bird people. You have to really be able to step into another's shoes, and at the same time accept them as they come. :heart:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
:hug8:That's a very sweet attitude. I like that about true bird people. You have to really be able to step into another's shoes, and at the same time accept them as they come. :heart:
Awww thanks! Freddy's very sweet. He climbed all over Joe checking him out, checking out his facial hair, giving kisses. Joe said it tickles what's he doing. Giving kisses I said. I told Joe to move his hand, he kept saying he didn't want Freddy to bite. I said he will not bite. It didn't take long before Joe was comfortable sitting and petting Freddy. I am glad!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
This morning Joe didn't have to go to work on account of the snow (got 12", several places no power). Anyway, Freddy went right to his door when he saw Joe, of course wanted to climb all over Joe until all of a sudden went back to his cage to poop! I told Joe time to potty train! Joe is going to work on that. I was astonished he went to his cage, pooped, then wanted back with Joe! That was funny! Now it begins. Joe's all excited wants to start teaching him to play on the floor. But wants to do everything slow so we don't have a setback. He's going to get used to being with Joe first, then he'll have enough trust to do what Joe wants to introduce to him. It's exciting to see how affectionate and friendly he is. So blessed to have our Freddy bird. :angelic:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
As of today we both got to hold Freddy! He accepted and liked my kisses and cuddles, then he gave me kisses and climbed closer under my chin for more cuddly time. He seemed to love it! Then he got on my croc shoe and took a little bouncy ride when I moved my foot up and down. He bobbed his head, chirped, then jumped off my foot flapping his wings and ran over to Joe! Lol chirping all the way! @cassiesdad I understand what you mean now! He did get nippy as was getting over excited so back to the cage top to calm down! So much progress the last few days. And all of a sudden! @JLcribber
We love him so much!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Every day is a new game.

Some days you feel pretty good. Your stick handling is on point and you win the game.

Some days you can't stick handle worth crap. Had your head down and got taken out in the corner. You lost the game.

Tomorrow is another game. This is the life of a cockatoo athlete. :D

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hahahahaha I am so excited he loved cuddles and kisses! I buried my nose into his neck and he kissed my cheek. He has a baby smell. Then when he was all set he moved to a place on my arm where I couldn't kiss him and chirped lol. Cutie pie :cloud9:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Every day is a new game.

Some days you feel pretty good. Your stick handling is on point and you win the game.

Some days you can't stick handle worth crap. Had your head down and got taken out in the corner. You lost the game.

Tomorrow is another game. This is the life of a cockatoo athlete. :D
Enjoyed your hockey analogy, John...;)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
@cassiesdad when Freddy jumped off my shoe and ran to Joe chirping and then ran past Joe to check out the rungs of a small table, reminded me of how sometimes you describe Milton running past you! HI....BYE LOL Freddy was a busy little guy this morning!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Now going to go buy materials for a stand for his boing! We're thinking of things to get for him to play on but....one at a time....lol

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
He felt each finger and his hand with his beak, then climbed up under his chin, preening his beard and gave kisses all over Joe's face! So cute! Freddy's so affectionate!

Oh that is SO sweet!!!
I wasn't sure about John's stick reference... but I'm glad you all clarified!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:o: I thought he meant t-stick. :batonthehead:

Now going to go buy materials for a stand for his boing! We're thinking of things to get for him to play on but....one at a time....lol

That's what I thought too! Oh well....you're not the only one!
:toofunny:

Oh that is SO sweet!!!
I wasn't sure about John's stick reference... but I'm glad you all clarified!

It has double meaning. Applies to both equally. :D