• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joe got to hold Freddy!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh that is SO sweet!!!
I wasn't sure about John's stick reference... but I'm glad you all clarified!
He has proven to be very affectionate and likes cuddles. I just can't get over how affectionate he seems to be. My son keeps telling me he's looking for a tasty spot to bite! Wise guy!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
He has proven to be very affectionate and likes cuddles. I just can't get over how affectionate he seems to be. My son keeps telling me he's looking for a tasty spot to bite! Wise guy!
Most cockatoos are "cuddle monsters". They'll soak up as much as you give and more. That is where the problem lies and almost always comes back to haunt the owner. It encourages over bonding and neediness. There's a fine line there.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Ah ok! I will definitely watch that. Each time we hold him he will cuddle for 10 mins or so, climbing up and down our arms, checking us out, then goes to the floor to scout around or his cage. He did check out the toy basket I filled weeks ago and set it within view on the floor for when he's ready. Was happy about that. I had read that Galahs are less affectionate that u2's so I didn't expect him to be cuddly. But I will watch it going overboard. Tonight he came out while we watched tv and didn't want to be held. He just hung out on his cage top, chewed his blocks, and dropped to the rug, walked over to Joe, chirped and went back to his cage top. Lol! He's so proud he's getting around haha !

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Joe has this thing that he does, he taps on the door to get Freddy to come out. Tonight he opened the door and waited for Freddy to climb out. Freddy sat in front of the door and chirped. For a few minutes! Joe went over and tapped on the door and he came out.
When bedtime came, I put some sunflower seeds in his cup in his cage, and he didn't move. After several minutes Joe thought....hmmmm....and went to tap on the door. Wouldn't you know he immediately went back inside to get his treat!? Tapping on the door always gets him to come out. The same thing gets him to go back ?! And when he hears it he bobbed his head! That's easy if that's going to work! Boy is he smart!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Me and the new love of my life lol sorry Joe!:heart:
Cute couple! ;) Is that an up-to-something, sassy eye or is Freddy just being sweet?

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
That's Freddy posing for the camera! I swear he was actually posing! Right now he's sitting in the living room. The area where his cage is downstairs in the playroom. Since Joe and I can both handle him I brought him upstairs to the living room -kitchen -dining room area. He's loving it! Joe's building a stand for his boing and he will have to get on it soon since Freddy came up to the living room and spent time on the couch. He loved the soft fabric and pillows. But I need him to have some comfortable spot for him too. Joe wants to get him a cat tree with rug type upholstery and rope wrapped posts for him to nap in and climb on. He's going to be very spoiled but we love him to death. I went downstairs to put laundry in the wash and I said I need kisses before I go, he came right over and I gave him kisses. He catches on fast I have been giving him kisses since yesterday morning and I tell him kisses and give him a kiss on his neck. So I don't know if it was coincidence or not we'll see when it happens again. He's a lovey though. Should have named him Luv Bug lol.