• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a year since I lost Sunny.......

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I lost my sweet Sunny a year ago today. It's hard to believe it's been that long. I still think about him everyday and that probably will never change. I know he's with me in spirit, and I wear his leg band on my bracelet. Our house is filled with wonderful artwork of him that @WeasleyLover and others did for me. So, Sunny is always near to our thoughts and in our hearts.

Coincidentally, my best friend and I went to see Idina Menzel in concert last night- and she of course sang Let It Go- Sunny's favorite song and the only one he would sway to. Fitting that the concert was last night.

I feel very blessed to have had Sunny in my life. And he introduced me to the wonderful world of parrots which I really was clueless about before him. I hope to continue to foster birds and hopefully help others learn about and love parrots.

I really thought I would have many more years with Sunny - even though at 20 he was a senior tiel. But I guess we always want more time with the ones we love. Fly free my beautiful boy. I love and miss you.

sunnyjuly.jpg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I was just thinking about how long it had been since Sunny had passed.

I've often heard it said that we mourn for the living. You're right, there's never enough time with the ones we love.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. They may be gone but they are always in our hearts and our minds.

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Oh, wow, I can't believe it has been a year! You have such an incredible bond with Sunny -- I say that 'cause I know, too, that he is still with you in spirit. You are among the best bird moms ever and your foster birdies are lucky to have you. I think Sunny would be happy you are spreading the joy he shared with you to other birds -- and I think he'd be pleased if you got another full time member of the family, not just a foster -- but that's for your heart (and your fiance's of course) to decide.

We lost Opal late winter. She was 13 and I hoped she would live to 20 or so. In some way I am sure she and Sunny are flying together and watching over us.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug4:
And time never heal as they say it does, but the memory of our lost one can also make us strong knowing that one day we will meet again. ♥

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh, wow, I can't believe it has been a year! You have such an incredible bond with Sunny -- I say that 'cause I know, too, that he is still with you in spirit. You are among the best bird moms ever and your foster birdies are lucky to have you. I think Sunny would be happy you are spreading the joy he shared with you to other birds -- and I think he'd be pleased if you got another full time member of the family, not just a foster -- but that's for your heart (and your fiance's of course) to decide.

We lost Opal late winter. She was 13 and I hoped she would live to 20 or so. In some way I am sure she and Sunny are flying together and watching over us.
Thank you. :heart: And sorry about Opal. I'm sure she and Sunny are together, with the other AA birdies, watching out for all of us.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8:I think of you both often still...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm still so sorry over your loss of Sunny. I remember it had been in the summer, because after I read your post that he had passed, I was thinking of you while I was watering outside. Yesterday, when I was watering, I thought of you and Sunny, and what a special birdie he was.:heart: You were lucky to have each other, and I'm sure he would be happy that you are helping foster birds in need. He's with you in spirit, and I'm sure he's watching you from a nice, cushy blue and gold pillow somewhere! (I think it was blue and gold anyway- wasn't his favorite color gold/yellow?)
:hug8:

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
It's heartbreaking when you loose what's close to you. It was when I lost my pet rat.

I'm glad he's still in your heart, and you gave him a great life! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:hug8:I think of you both often still...
I'm still so sorry over your loss of Sunny. I remember it had been in the summer, because after I read your post that he had passed, I was thinking of you while I was watering outside. Yesterday, when I was watering, I thought of you and Sunny, and what a special birdie he was.:heart: You were lucky to have each other, and I'm sure he would be happy that you are helping foster birds in need. He's with you in spirit, and I'm sure he's watching you from a nice, cushy blue and gold pillow somewhere! (I think it was blue and gold anyway- wasn't his favorite color gold/yellow?)
:hug8:

It makes me so happy that other people think about and remember Sunny. Thank you. He was an amazing bird. So much personality. And to think that he spent most of his life alone in a cage breaks my heart. I'm glad that he got to spend his last years with me living essentially cage free. And @Tiel Feathers it's so sweet that you remember the pillow. LOL When we lost Sunny, you had written about it and I had seriously forgotten about it until then. Now my fiancé and I laugh about that all the time because you prodded my memory. Yes, when we first got him, he would not step up on hands so he stepped up on his pillow (it was actually pale green) and we would carry him around like a little Sultan. His favorite colors were black and gold. Which is great since those are Pittsburgh Steeler colors. He had a fleece Steeler blanket that he made "his" blanket and anything else black and gold he would try to confiscate- much to my fiancé's annoyance because they were always his things. LOL. And of course, I would give them to Sunny. Thanks for bringing back happy memories.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
@sunnysmom I'm glad I had helped you remember the pillow! I too actually think of that once in a while and it makes me laugh, and I never met Sunny, but I felt like I knew him through you. I ask Twilight, when he doesn't want to step on my arm because there is too much skin showing, if I need to get him a pillow!:lol: Sunny definitely lives on!:heart: