• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a year since I lost Sunny.......

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm sorry Michelle. I feel that way about Buddy, my first tiel. I am just glad that I got Bella who helps but doesn't completely fill the hole that Buddy left.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Your losing Sunny was such a hard thing, but we all lose something we love. Sunny will stay with you forever - with happy thoughts, sad thoughts and joy that you had him. I know, it will be five years since Hank died and it still seems like yesterday.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Michelle you are such a sweet, giving person and Sunny knew. He loved you back for that reason.
It was a match made in heaven but way too short. That is where he is now watching over you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@sunnysmom I'm glad I had helped you remember the pillow! I too actually think of that once in a while and it makes me laugh, and I never met Sunny, but I felt like I knew him through you. I ask Twilight, when he doesn't want to step on my arm because there is too much skin showing, if I need to get him a pillow!:lol: Sunny definitely lives on!:heart:

:heart::heart::heart: Thank you.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:sadhug2:
I'm so sorry. It is always too soon, no matter how old they've gotten. I'm so glad for Sunny he found his way to someone so loving in his golden years, I just wish you'd had more time together.

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Michelle, I am so sorry it has been a year since you lost your Sunny. Cherish all the good memories you have together and know that he lives on with you in spirit and in your memory and heart.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Michelle, I have always said "They fly into our hearts :heart: and leave feather dust on our souls, forever..." :fluff1:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sorry you lost him, we all are he was one of the critters here everyone loved to follow. I lost Nerd bird in 09 after 31 years together and I still think fondly of him. We were best buds and basically grew up together. Then shortly after I got Lurch and we spent years coming to a understanding and friendship, then he escaped and haven't seen him since the two days we watched after him in the tree he picked. All of us know your pain and are right there with you :sadhug:

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sorry about your loss of Sunny,
The saying "it won't stop hurting, but it will hurt less often" is so true when it comes to loosing our fids.

I'm glad you've got beautiful artwork celebrating his life so he is still bringing some Sun-shine (pun intended) to your day