• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In memory of my beloved Birdy

Lightning57

Meeting neighbors
Your birdy's picture drew me. She is Baby's identical twin sister. I too had a female (my first bird) that looked just like yours. She and I were so close. When I read the part about her being a lost bird that found her way to you I was beyond hope that she was my Baby. I've always wanted to know what happened to her. I lost her the very day we were moving out of state. I cried almost the entire trip. Then I read that you found her 17 years ago. Besides I got my bird back in 1987-88 as a handfed baby. I don't think cockatiels live that long. I'm glad your beloved cockatiel found her way to you before she came to harm. I'm sorry she died, but at least she had you to love and care for her.

I've been wanting another bird for a long time now and kept trying to decide if I will get another like her or a parakeet. If I could find a local breeder I'd get another.

Reactions: ina

ina

Moving in
Your birdy's picture drew me. She is Baby's identical twin sister. I too had a female (my first bird) that looked just like yours. She and I were so close. When I read the part about her being a lost bird that found her way to you I was beyond hope that she was my Baby. I've always wanted to know what happened to her. I lost her the very day we were moving out of state. I cried almost the entire trip. Then I read that you found her 17 years ago. Besides I got my bird back in 1987-88 as a handfed baby. I don't think cockatiels live that long. I'm glad your beloved cockatiel found her way to you before she came to harm. I'm sorry she died, but at least she had you to love and care for her.

I've been wanting another bird for a long time now and kept trying to decide if I will get another like her or a parakeet. If I could find a local breeder I'd get another.
I'm sorry for your lost too. I believe Birdy might had came from the housing estate opposite to my home since I sometimes hear cockatiel screams there. Neighbour might had bought 2 birds but Birdy fled and didn't fly far as she was frightened so she happened to stop outside my window. Btw I've been living in Hong Kong so i'm sorry it couldn't be Baby :( ...I hope Baby had found a good family to take care of her not long after she flied away.

Getting a new bird seems like a good idea. I don't think good about breeders tho. Rescued birds are my no.1 priority. Anyway hope you get to find a lovely bird when time comes!