• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I killed my baby..

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

VantCors

Strolling the yard
I'm so sorry for you. I have forgotten to put the food dish in a cage before, for less than 24 hours, and I was really lose to loosing two parrotlets because of it. It's not your fault, you are a wonderful bird mom, because you care so much. :sadhug2:

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
Oh that is so sad, I am so sorry this has happened to you and Binky.

Maybe allow your feelings to inspire and motivate you to have a new routine with your other two birds where there are no excuses for not doing what you feel is right for them. Let these feelings guide you into new patterns where you can make sure you never feel this way again. Learn from your mistake.

Your other two birds love and need you to help them through this time, let them comfort you and you can do the same for them.

You need to forgive yourself for your once off mistake, just remember to learn from the mistake. After all us humans often feel guilt and sadness as a way for us to learn......we do not like these feelings so we try not to put ourselves in the same situation again. Please do not beat yourself up for an honest mistake, it will not fix anything.

Love and best wishes to you and your bird babies :)

Couldn't say it better myself. So sorry for your loss. Please don't beat yourself up. It can happen to the best of us. Just learn from it and try to move past the accident.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I am sorry for your loss and for your feelings of giving up. Please don't give up. Life happens.
Be kind to yourself.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry...

SamanthaAV

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for all of your support. It has been a big comfort for my husband and I during this time. We are going to have a memorial for him this weekend, I'll try and give an update when we do.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
SamanthaAV, that sounds lovely.

Pandemonium

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Maria
I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sure he had the best of times with you. Don't beat yourself up okay? <3

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am sosorry for your lss

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
I’m sorry for your loss. Try not and beat yourself up to much. When me and my husband first got my cockateils they where a a seeded diet. We had no idea how horrible it was for them , anyways my male teil’ olny at sunflower seeds and ended having what they think was liver failure from a fatty liver, we lost him last May.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So sorry for your loss.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Truly sorry for your loss. I am constantly worried about everything I do and don't do with TD. Idk if it's bcuz he had such a terrible start in life or what. It's almost like I expect him to die bcuz he really cheated death in the beginning. It's an unhealthy worrying. I am making myself crazy with it. So much so that I am not enjoying just being with TD like I should.

Don't blame yourself. We all make mistakes. I once didn't check my pet rabbit's water when I was a girl, in Ohio, and it had frozen over and my bunny was dead. I still dream about him from time to time.