• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I just reserved my baby!!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well I don’t like the peanuts in the Higgins, those could be a health hazard. Overall I like the Hari better but I Will wait for more others to Chime in with their knowledge:)

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
I'm inclined to agree with you @TikiMyn
The breeder suggested Higgins, and I was less than impressed when I looked it up... I asked about HARI and he didn't seem to even know what it was. He mentioned Harrison's for a brief moment but he insisted Aziah stay on whatever diet he weaned them too, either Higgins or Harrison's, but he leaned strongly towards Higgin's. I'm familiar with Harrison's; it's what my mom's Ekkie eats. Now, the Higgin's Intune looks comparable to HARI Tropican, so far, but only as a mixture into natural foods, like HARI Tropimix already provides. The Higgin's Sunburst treats look yummy but their diet mixes seem mediocre, I'm just not impressed or confident.

Regardless, I still would love to hear from others too! I could be completely wrong in my 'opinion'.

Well I don’t like the peanuts in the Higgins, those could be a health hazard. Overall I like the Hari better but I Will wait for more others to Chime in with their knowledge:)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you Mizzly for the info!! The breeder is going to send me pictures of the bags when he begins weaning, so I'll post those and get more opinions then. I can always very gradually wean him to something better in time.
And I'll be sure to stop by your store! Can't wait to spoil my baby!!

Ask if you they will wean to Harrison's, or if you can send them a bag for weaning.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Higgins Mayan yucatan has no peanuts...Intune is Higgins Pellets...Both are very good...

Congrats...Malachite means green which was a good name but who can argue with the Lord...

My Penny was heaven sent....that doll just gives me wings to fly!

Hope you get your angel soon

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
Higgins Mayan yucatan has no peanuts...Intune is Higgins Pellets...Both are very good...

Congrats...Malachite means green which was a good name but who can argue with the Lord...

My Penny was heaven sent....that doll just gives me wings to fly!

Hope you get your angel soon
See, part of the battle was that "Malakai" was initially meant for the boy Ekkie I considered getting (4 yrs ago) when my mom got her girl. After due consideration, I'm not in a place to take on an Ekkie. So, I've decided on my next favorite, which is PERFECT for me!
"Aziah" just feels so right!