• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I just reserved my baby!!

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
So, I've been waiting since last October for my preferred breeder to have a set of Quaker babies and they are here!!
I just reserved my new baby and will receive him by the end of August! What's even better is my birthday is on the 8th, so talk about PERFECT timing!!
Yayy!! I'm gonna stick with the name Malakai FB_IMG_1533003652431.jpg

Last edited:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congratulations! What a great birthday present to you!
Your baby is such an adorable fluffernutter!

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Congratulations on reserving your baby Malakai!! I remember last June putting money down on on my two Lovebird boys and then waiting until July to bring home. So exciting, I know how you feel. You can start playing with the cage and start buying toys and arranging them in the cage. So much to do to prepare........good luck and can't wait to hear when you finally get Malakai home.

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
I'm finalizing my shopping cart right now!! Found the perfect prevue playtop cage andsome awesome toys, huts n ladders... I can't decide!!!

Oh... Breeder is weaning to a Higgins food. Any experience with this?! I'm a Harrisons, Hari tropimix kinda guy. (My mom uses Harrison's for her Ekkie)

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Quaker is celebrating being with us 7 years on August 8th :)

Higgins intune - none of my birds have eaten it but it's a good food.

A lot of the toys in my shop were designed with Jingo in mind. He loves balsa, finger traps, super thin pine, cork, strings and FORAGERS. Very food motivated, so foraging is a great activity for them!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations. Malakai is adorable.

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
My Quaker is celebrating being with us 7 years on August 8th :)

Higgins intune - none of my birds have eaten it but it's a good food.

A lot of the toys in my shop were designed with Jingo in mind. He loves balsa, finger traps, super thin pine, cork, strings and FORAGERS. Very food motivated, so foraging is a great activity for them!
Thank you Mizzly for the info!! The breeder is going to send me pictures of the bags when he begins weaning, so I'll post those and get more opinions then. I can always very gradually wean him to something better in time.
And I'll be sure to stop by your store! Can't wait to spoil my baby!!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@DAislandR I'm so excited for you! By the way, you're in my hometown I see. Maybe we know some of the same folks, or maybe not since you're a lot younger. Galveston is still in my heart, even though I'm not living there... you know, the sand between your toes thing! Congratulations on your sweet Malakai, I am looking forward to seeing more pics of him next month when he comes home!
:heart::welcome2:

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Congratulations! Malakai will make sure things never get dull around your house. :D Both my QP Ralph and my CAG Scooter like the Higgins pellets and their small daily ration of Higgins Saffllower Gold or California Blend seed mix.

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
You're ALL gonna think I'm nuts but Ive changed the name... I tend to plan everything but I looked into the eyes of my baby (in his pic) and a scripture came to mind...
"As wings of eagles" which is in... Isaiah. Although Isaiah is an amazing name and I almost gave in, but...
While in thought, the Lord threw me another Hebrew name...
"Aziah"
(pron= Uh-zy-uh)
Meaning: A beautiful and lovable person who can make anyone's day better and is very helpful and is loved at all times...
Need I say more?!

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Aziah - I have never heard that name - I like it! And the meaning is SO meaningful!
Glad you are enjoying Galveston, it is a wonderful place to live, or be from! :heart:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Congrats on your baby Quaker! He is very cute and I love the name Aziah, the meaning is just wonderful and I’m sure it will fit him well. :)

I can’t get over how cute that little green guy is! :heart:

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
I'm finalizing my shopping cart right now!! Found the perfect prevue playtop cage andsome awesome toys, huts n ladders... I can't decide!!!

Oh... Breeder is weaning to a Higgins food. Any experience with this?! I'm a Harrisons, Hari tropimix kinda guy. (My mom uses Harrison's for her Ekkie)
Ok, So I've been comparing Higgin's Sunburst to HARI Tropimix
Has anyone had experience with either?
This will end up being about 60% of his diet, knowing me. We will be having fresh fruits and veggies, with awesome nut and legume treats, all the time.