• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Held a Jardines Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
There is a store called Exotic Wings and Things located 10 minutes from where I work and they sell baby birds there ... also have the odd bird up for adoption as well. I usually pop by over my lunch hour to pick up pellets.

Well today I absolutely fell in love with a sweet little Jardines :heart: He was so friendly through the bars of the cage and the girl working in the nusery asked me if I wanted to hold him. I'm always reluctant because I did that once and walked out with Jessie :o:. But I did hold him and he was such a sweetheart! Very friendly, stepped up right away, let me scratch his head and give him cuddles. It was the first time I had ever seen a Jardines in person and I was struck by their beauty!

But he is back in his cage there at Exotic Wings :( I love the entire poicephalus family and sure fell in love with this little guy quickly.

GlassOnion

Well... a 4th Poi wouldn't hurt would it? ;)

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Well... a 4th Poi wouldn't hurt would it? ;)
It might hurt when my husband gives me a smack in the back of the head ;) I'm holding out for my baby TAG down the road. :) There were 3 of those there as well today. I opted not to hold them, because I feared I'd just sneak one into my purse and make a run for it ;)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I would love t o hold one!!!

Ben

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
I want to see one so bad. They've always stayed near the very top of my dream bird list.

petah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Peter
I've seen that baby Jardine's at the Exotic Wings! There were 3 of them and 2 were sold. Asking price is a bit high for a Jardine's though!

The TAGs are cute too, they all make this noise every time I go near them, lol.

You should join the Parrot Club of Southern Ontario (Cambridge chapter). Lots of people go there with all different birds. Parrot Club of Southwestern Ontario

You'll want a Jardine's over a TAG! Everyone and their brothers & sisters have a TAG. Not that many Jardine's around! Better yet, get a Brown Head ;)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Hehe...reminds me of when I saw a little black wing Jardines in a pet store. It was very cute and B swears it said something like "I love you" when I walked away and apparently had his leg stretched out of the cage. I didn't hear anything, but did see the leg reaching out so went back to scratch his head some more. :)

lzver

Real Name
Laura
I've seen that baby Jardine's at the Exotic Wings! There were 3 of them and 2 were sold. Asking price is a bit high for a Jardine's though!

The TAGs are cute too, they all make this noise every time I go near them, lol.

You should join the Parrot Club of Southern Ontario (Cambridge chapter). Lots of people go there with all different birds. Parrot Club of Southwestern Ontario

You'll want a Jardine's over a TAG! Everyone and their brothers & sisters have a TAG. Not that many Jardine's around! Better yet, get a Brown Head ;)
I have been seriously considering joining the Cambridge chapter of the Parrot Club of Southern Ontario ... I already know several people that are members. I orginally met them at the Golden Triangle Parrot Club in Guelph, but that club is loosing membership. I was considering going next week and joining. I'm assuming you are a member Peter?

I agree that the asking price is a little high ... I won't pay pet store prices again (I did for Lucy and Jessie) so whenever I do decide to get another bird, I'll be looking for a breeder that is relatively close.

I know someone that lives in Guelph that breeds Brown Heads, so if I ever decide I want to get one, I know where to go :)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I know someone that lives in Guelph that breeds Brown Heads, so if I ever decide I want to get one, I know where to go :)
I'm pretty sure Peter got his brown head from her ;)

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
Aren't they lovely little birds? :) Emmy is deffinatly a dream bird of mine :heart:

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
You have a chance to join a parrot club? DO IT!!! Wow, you can go & hear about parrots, learn about parrots, & talk about parrots as much as you want, & (probably) no one's eyes will glaze over! I would give anything if Cleveland had a parrot club--I would even help form one!:dance5:

I have read several parrot books where people say their Jardines is the perfect parrot companion:)

Last edited:

petah

Real Name
Peter
I have been seriously considering joining the Cambridge chapter of the Parrot Club of Southern Ontario ... I already know several people that are members. I orginally met them at the Golden Triangle Parrot Club in Guelph, but that club is loosing membership. I was considering going next week and joining. I'm assuming you are a member Peter?

I agree that the asking price is a little high ... I won't pay pet store prices again (I did for Lucy and Jessie) so whenever I do decide to get another bird, I'll be looking for a breeder that is relatively close.

You need to get a BH! Wasabi is calm as a cucumber..... unlike Pickles!

I heard about the Golden Triangle Parrot Club and the problems!

I just joined the Cambridge club a few months ago, it is great! Come out on Tuesday, I'll be there. Barbara (the BH breeder) is doing a presentation on the Pionus!

lzver

Real Name
Laura
You need to get a BH! Wasabi is calm as a cucumber..... unlike Pickles!

I heard about the Golden Triangle Parrot Club and the problems!

I just joined the Cambridge club a few months ago, it is great! Come out on Tuesday, I'll be there. Barbara (the BH breeder) is doing a presentation on the Pionus!
I need to see what night my course chat is next week ... but if its not on Tuesday night then I think I will come check it out. I've met Barb and Dan before ... from the Golden Triangle Parrot Club.

I have heard very good things about Brown Heads ... if only we could all win the lottery so we could have all the birds we want :rolleyes:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
I just found out that my course chat is on Thursday night next week ... so I'll see you at the meeting on Tuesday night Peter. I'm off to the website to find out all the information.

petah

Real Name
Peter
Sounds good! First meeting is free for you ;)

I'll have my Jardine's and BH ... I am pretty sure I'll be the only one with the Jardine's. Come by and say hi!

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Sounds good! First meeting is free for you ;)

I'll have my Jardine's and BH ... I am pretty sure I'll be the only one with the Jardine's. Come by and say hi!
I sent and email and got the location last night, so I'll definitely stop by to say hi and see your birds!

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
I'm so jealous! I wish I could go to the bird store near me and hold all the babies...but my b/f says I'm not allowed to set foot in there and won't drive me :hehe:

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Jardines are so pretty and like you I love the entire poi family also.:)

jungleboy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chris
I'm going there today! I love going there when I'm feeling down and just holding a baby parrot. They don't mind, unlike some stores that only want to take something out if you're gonna buy it. Its hard to leave though. I held my first gray there, and it was soooo hard to put her back and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.