• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hope

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Do you have any other indoor pets or small children?? The reason I ask is, Kai, my rehome quaker, who after 2 years is still hands off and doesn't trust me, has a large cage that goes to the ground. He hates it and only uses the highest part of the cage. As you probably aware, they will go to the highest spot for safety but his highest spot is not much off ground level. Is there any way you can put his cage a bit higher??

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
:heart: what a little sweetie :heart:
thank you for taking her :)

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Thank you for taking this gal in. Quakers are wonderful little characters. :D

The picture is hard to tell, but how big is the cage? I think it looks like there is a larger door opening other then the little slide up and down ones right? With those, you want to make sure they are securely closed. The Quakers I owned where wonderful escape artists ~ even the splayed legged Quazi gave me a run for my money on escapes. ;)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Also, I have a wood round/oval flat wood perch with some nice nubby bark that I can also contribute to the cause. Just PM me too if you'd like it for the little sweetie.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Ahwww...What a sweet thing to do and she really needed you! I wonder if a soft blanket would be better for her to snuggle in? Someone already mentioned cage aggression, but I'm wondering if a hut would also be hard for her to get in/out of? How about a corner shelf with a little snuggle blanket on it?

*who'am I kidding here? I just want to snuggle her! lol*

jake&kiwi'smom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pam
[qudon't="Vegemite, post: 1846161, member: 4591"]Do you have any other indoor pets or small children?? The reason I ask is, Kai, my rehome quaker, who after 2 years is still hands off and doesn't trust me, has a large cage that goes to the ground. He hates it and only uses the highest part of the cage. As you probably aware, they will go to the highest spot for safety but his highest spot is not much off ground level. Is there any way you can put his cage a bit higher??[/quote]
I dont have any children. I have 8 birds. 4 dogs a cat..hope is in our bedroom she isn't bothered by them. Or don't act like it anyways. I had her in a big cage to begin with

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Hope is beautiful congrats to you both.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would be careful because my vet does not recommend happy huts for Quakers. They are already know to be very cage territorial as it is and the happy huts often add to it.

Thanks for rescuing this baby! She is so cute!
Ah. Thanks for explaining that! I was just thinkg something soft and fuzzy could help, but it doesn't have to be that.
Thanks for sharing! :)

jake&kiwi'smom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pam
Ahwww...What a sweet thing to do and she really needed you! I wonder if a soft blanket would be better for her to snuggle in? Someone already mentioned cage aggression, but I'm wondering if a hut would also be hard for her to get in/out of? How about a corner shelf with a little snuggle blanket on it?

*who'am I kidding here? I just want to snuggle her! lol*

I put a soft blanket In there last night :)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Great!! How's she doing otherwise?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
She's going to be sooo beautiful. :)
What is she eating? I must recommend Roudybush if she won't accept other pellets.
Ebenhard (AKA Miss Picky) wwouldn't touch a pellet before Roudybush, and last night she polished off a small bowl of it!! :wideyed:Is that my girl???

jake&kiwi'smom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pam
e="GuineaPigster, post: 1846337, member: 10836"]Great!! How's she doing otherwise?[/quote]
She Is doing awesome I'm learing lol she is a awesome teacher! Her feathers are comming in nicely.. at times when she is out if the cage she gets nippy but all in all she is awesome!