• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hmm,whitch to choose,Travel cage help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have pics of it with it all decked out with toys and perches?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Do you have pics of it with it all decked out with toys and perches?
nope, sorry :)
i rarely use them. They are in case we need to go to a motel during evacuation. So they are just sitting around gathering dust which is fine by me :D
For car transport i use this, which according to my very experienced caique breeder, is the *only* responsible way to transport a bird.

jojomodelspink.JPG

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
nope, sorry :)
i rarely use them. They are in case we need to go to a motel during evacuation. So they are just sitting around gathering dust which is fine by me :D
For car transport i use this, which according to my very experienced caique breeder, is the *only* responsible way to transport a bird.

View attachment 35791
Thats what I have for my guys now,but that would be far to small to be in for a 2-3 day trip.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thats what I have for my guys now,but that would be far to small to be in for a 2-3 day trip.
i agree! :D
Are you going to be on the road for 2-3 days? Then the kings sounds good! Remember if you hang toys they might sway and bump into the bird :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i agree! :D
Are you going to be on the road for 2-3 days? Then the kings sounds good! Remember if you hang toys they might sway and bump into the bird :)
It might be far in the future,but possibly at some point we might be moving back to FL from Tx. I dont drive at this time,so it would be just my mom drivings,so it would take us a little longer then if we shared the driving.

I mostly want the cage,just incase something happends,Fire,Tornado or just what have you and I want them to have a cage,that would be ok for them to spend a few days in.

Also for when I take them to work with me,I work at a vets office,and my AV is only there on a Tues,so if I work that day,they have to be with me in that tiny cage from 7:30-6,and I dont like that at all. I want them to have a cage,that will be used in situtations like that.

The Kings medium seems to be just what I need.I didnt even think about the toys bumping into them,thanks so much for mentioning that.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update! I just places my Parrotworld order,I got 1 medium travel cage,to make sure that I like it and if all goes well,I will be ordering one for Nala soon after.

I will go to Petsmart to get the SS bowls,since the ones it comes with arent well liked.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Update! I just places my Parrotworld order,I got 1 medium travel cage,to make sure that I like it and if all goes well,I will be ordering one for Nala soon after.

I will go to Petsmart to get the SS bowls,since the ones it comes with arent well liked.
Yay!!!

I *think* and am pretty sure that if you want the bowls to go on the feeder doors, you have to get the SS ones that King's makes specifically for these carriers. The doors are solid rather than barred so you can't just get regular bolt on cups if you want them in the doors.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay!!!

I *think* and am pretty sure that if you want the bowls to go on the feeder doors, you have to get the SS ones that King's makes specifically for these carriers. The doors are solid rather than barred so you can't just get regular bolt on cups if you want them in the doors.
Oops,thank you so much for telling me this,I have Angies E-Mail and she has been such an amazing help to me,I just E-Mailed her and asked her if I can still get that done.

How much extra do you think it will be? I cant seem to find bowls on their site.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Oops,thank you so much for telling me this,I have Angies E-Mail and she has been such an amazing help to me,I just E-Mailed her and asked her if I can still get that done.

How much extra do you think it will be? I cant seem to find bowls on their site.
I have only ever seen the bowls directly from King's themselves, never on any other web stores or actual stores. They are $15 each but what is most unfortunate is that King's has been sold out of them for the past two months :( I am on their waiting list though and they promised to email me as soon as they become available again. (Just in case, I also email them every 2 weeks or so :p As of 4 or 5 few days ago, no such luck.) King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Yay!!!

Aren't the bowls that come with these carriers made of plastic? Let me know, okay? I am almost 100% certain they are. I don't think they come with an option for SS. Thanks!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Aren't the bowls that come with these carriers made of plastic? Let me know, okay? I am almost 100% certain they are. I don't think they come with an option for SS. Thanks!
Yes, the ones that come are plastic, but they are awful!! King's makes SS ones to replace them but what I was saying is that you pretty much HAVE to buy the ones they make (if you want them to fit in the doors, cause they have these special brackets), and you pretty much HAVE to buy them from King's. I've never seen them at any other store. Unless, of course, you were planning on carrying them!! :D

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have only ever seen the bowls directly from King's themselves, never on any other web stores or actual stores. They are $15 each but what is most unfortunate is that King's has been sold out of them for the past two months :( I am on their waiting list though and they promised to email me as soon as they become available again. (Just in case, I also email them every 2 weeks or so :p As of 4 or 5 few days ago, no such luck.) King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More
You are so beyond awesome! Thank you so much,I hope Angie will put me on the list as well.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

You are so beyond awesome! Thank you so much,I hope Angie will put me on the list as well.
Sorry, wasn't clear there-- from what I understand, Angie doesn't sell them. King's sells them exclusively, at least that's what I've found in all my web searches. I am on the waiting list directly with King's.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry, wasn't clear there-- from what I understand, Angie doesn't sell them. King's sells them exclusively, at least that's what I've found in all my web searches. I am on the waiting list directly with King's.
Oops,well you still rock!,lol. I will E-Mail Kings in the morning and ask to get on the list. Thanks so much,just wondering what is it about the plastic that makes them so bad? to small? to shallow?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Oops,well you still rock!,lol. I will E-Mail Kings in the morning and ask to get on the list. Thanks so much,just wondering what is it about the plastic that makes them so bad? to small? to shallow?
Glad I could help :)

I don't like plastic in general, but there are a few reasons why they are bad. First, they are square-ish shaped so they are harder to clean, second, they tend to get a little bit grimey (especially water), third, plastics tend to harbor bacterias and such-- King's was smart enough to make them black so that you couldn't see the discoloration that most plastics always go through over time as they wear down. They just aren't very good quality, especially for the hefty price you are paying for such a good quality carrier.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Yes, the ones that come are plastic, but they are awful!! King's makes SS ones to replace them but what I was saying is that you pretty much HAVE to buy the ones they make (if you want them to fit in the doors, cause they have these special brackets), and you pretty much HAVE to buy them from King's. I've never seen them at any other store. Unless, of course, you were planning on carrying them!! :D
Ahhhh... . such a deal! And I see that you can only buy them from Kings. Well, I've learned something! Thanks!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad I could help :)

I don't like plastic in general, but there are a few reasons why they are bad. First, they are square-ish shaped so they are harder to clean, second, they tend to get a little bit grimey (especially water), third, plastics tend to harbor bacterias and such-- King's was smart enough to make them black so that you couldn't see the discoloration that most plastics always go through over time as they wear down. They just aren't very good quality, especially for the hefty price you are paying for such a good quality carrier.
Ah,I definatly see why the need to be replaced. Thanks so much for clearing that up and once again for all the help. I appreciate it so very much:dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.