• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help please convulsing NOW

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
Thundery is convulsing in my hand rn having a seizure maybe idk but he’s in pain can’t stand and idk what to do oh god

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Thundery is convulsing in my hand rn having a seizure maybe idk but he’s in pain can’t stand and idk what to do oh god

Keep him warm. Can you wrap him up burrito style or put a heating pad under his cage? When my tiel was having seizures the vet recommended that I give him fluids. You will need to get him to a vet to see what the underlying causes are, but for now keep him warm, quiet, and hydrated. Can you get him to an ER vet or call them and explain what your parakeet is doing?

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
Keep him warm. Can you wrap him up burrito style or put a heating pad under his cage? When my tiel was having seizures the vet recommended that I give him fluids. You will need to get him to a vet to see what the underlying causes are, but for now keep him warm, quiet, and hydrated. Can you get him to an ER vet or call them and explain what your parakeet is doing?
Got him in a small towel burrito style. Trying to give him water through a droplet. Can’t go to a vet, not 18. Father said there’s nothing we can do right now. Sorry I know I’m dumb panicking

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
I’m scared to let him out of the towel, don’t want him to go crazy not being able to walk again

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
If he is seizing then you do not want to be administering liquid via mouth. Can you put him in a safe cage or box where it is not too bright and it is nice and warm. If he is seizing then you do not want to restrict his movements but you do want to keep him safe from further injury.

I am gonna see who is on who may be able to give you more medical help for the situation.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Why is he is in pain? What has happened to cause the seizing?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
How long have you been seeing changes in him and what kind of changes?

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
If he is seizing then you do not want to be administering liquid via mouth. Can you put him in a safe cage or box where it is not too bright and it is nice and warm. If he is seizing then you do not want to restrict his movements but you do want to keep him safe from further injury.

I am gonna see who is on who may be able to give you more medical help for the situation.
Thank you, I put him in a box with a towel, know that’s dangerous cause his claws might get stuck and all but it’s all I got. He can’t stand up straight, and keeps gripping on stuff for dear life. Won’t try to make him drink anymore. Just scared, sorry

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ok so do you have paper towel to cover the terry towel with so his claws do not get stuck or even a tea towel which is often not as easy to catch claws in.

Reactions: Ali

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
Why is he is in pain? What has happened to cause the seizing?
I’m not sure but I have a guess, we took him to the vet a day ago. I was gonna make a post about it and this happens. Vet says he has a tumor, his wing can’t work right and it’s kinda spreading. Doc said it’s rare in young birds but it just kinda happens. He told me to put neosporin on the wound so it would be covered or something. I thing Thundery might have ate at it or something? Like literally ATE. Idk what to do now I’m sorry

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Do not be sorry just try to stay calm

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ok from my very quick scan of the link I posted and a few others I looked at the tumor may very well be the cause? Can you just offer him a nice quiet warm place at the moment and gather your thoughts and calmness. You will only stress both you and him out if you are panicking :hug8:

Katelyn W.

Strolling the yard
HIS SCEECHING IS GETTING WORSE AND MORE PAINED idk WHat To DO

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ok I remember now..... the lump and sore between the wings?

What did the vet say to you yesterday about this and what were you told to expect?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can you get the AV on the phone?