• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video he had three bouts of this, lasting well over a minute

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
No repeat of the yawns tonight. He got a drop of fresh arthritis pain formula. He’s being clingy and whiny right now.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Once a year...? Doesn't he drink out of his water dish? I remember you posted about Lixits. Does he have a water bottle?

He doesn’t have a water bottle and I’ve only seen him drink once from the bowl. He eats apple and sweet potato and edamame

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well some critters do get their moister needs from the food they eat, maybe his species is one of them ore he just eats really water packed stuff all the time. Dobby has that water bottle and he definitely drinks from it a bit. Nerd got the same styel bottle and a water bowl on top to drink, play, and dunk in. Lurch Only really liked his water bowls and was always making primordial soup out of them from dunking and sitting over them, and would still try to drink from it even when nasty.
Dobby tended to drink from one bowl and dunk in the other but he always sat over one and fouled both of them so we switched to the bottle and it stays clean and he drinks from it just fine like Nerd used to.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Well some critters do get their moister needs from the food they eat, maybe his species is one of them ore he just eats really water packed stuff all the time. Dobby has that water bottle and he definitely drinks from it a bit. Nerd got the same styel bottle and a water bowl on top to drink, play, and dunk in. Lurch Only really liked his water bowls and was always making primordial soup out of them from dunking and sitting over them, and would still try to drink from it even when nasty.
Dobby tended to drink from one bowl and dunk in the other but he always sat over one and fouled both of them so we switched to the bottle and it stays clean and he drinks from it just fine like Nerd used to.

"primordial soup" :rofl:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He doesn’t have a water bottle and I’ve only seen him drink once from the bowl. He eats apple and sweet potato and edamame

That's interesting and strange.
I used water bottles in the past but gave up because my birds kept removing them and I would find them on the floor.