• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Halloween in the Play Area

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Finally found some time to put up all the Halloween toys is the play area that I had saved up from last year :D

20231029_120014.jpg

Pico was brave enough to check out all the treats near the pumpkin lights though he preferred it when I turned them off :roflmao:
20231029_113534.jpg

Sonny is deathly afraid of all the pumpkin lights but he is loving all the balsa toys
20231029_120220.jpg

My faves from the setup are the broom perches haha. They're too cute :xflove:
20231029_101121.jpg
20231028_190000.jpg

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I love everything! :bounce4:
But give me details on what you are suspending everything from!
I want ever pictured!! :bliss:
Are you in feathered estates???

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg what a magical wonderland! Where ever did you get the broom perches? Those are so creative and adorable!
P.S I love all your pokemon plushies! :heart:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This looks absolutely amazing awesome amazing incredible I don’t have words :faint:
move found some Halloween bird toys today too
IMG_6502.png IMG_6503.png

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Super cute!

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
That set-up is INCREDIBLE! How did you make that huge toy stand in the corner? I would love to make something like that to have more areas for my birds to go to outside of their cage.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha thank you! :roflmao: I actually took mostly your advice Pixie and used zipties for everything :laugh:

The boings on the cagetops I bended them to the shape I wanted and ziptied them to the cage and to some of the side perches

20231029_120249.jpg

Everything hanging on the tension rod was suspended with ziptied or hung with pearlinks too

Here's a better picture of the tension rod and the zipties with pearlinks to suspend everything
20231029_120524.jpg

No, I'm pretty sure not. I think I haven't even posted my setup in the setup thread either haha I was planning to but also keep wanting to wait until I'm satisfied with eveything but there's always something to fix :lol:

Omg what a magical wonderland! Where ever did you get the broom perches? Those are so creative and adorable!
P.S I love all your pokemon plushies! :heart:
Thanks so much! The broom perches I got from a local bird toy store here in BC. I went to pick up some toy making parts and saw the perches and could not leave without them lol. They also motivated me to take the Halloween toys out from storage :roflmao:

I'm so happy you noticed the plushies haha. I'm still hoping to fill up that shelf with more Pokemon plushies :joyful:

This looks absolutely amazing awesome amazing incredible I don’t have words :faint:
move found some Halloween bird toys today too
View attachment 436503 View attachment 436504
Aww thank you! Oh my goodness the toys you found are absolutely adorable. I know Sonny would love that vine ball witch toy :xflove:

I love love themed toys they're just so fun to put up and really gets you in holiday mood. I'm trying to not become a hoarder though, it's way too easy :lol:

Super cute!
Thanks Mizzely! :heart:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
That set-up is INCREDIBLE! How did you make that huge toy stand in the corner? I would love to make something like that to have more areas for my birds to go to outside of their cage.
Oh that's actually a manzanita tree stand in the corner. I just put a tension rod on top to hang toys and boings from it and whatnot! :D

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
These were my exact thoughts also, in that exact same order!

I really love this set up so much! The tension rod H is genius, pure genius!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks so much! The broom perches I got from a local bird toy store here in BC. I went to pick up some toy making parts and saw the perches and could not leave without them lol. They also motivated me to take the Halloween toys out from storage :roflmao:

I'm so happy you noticed the plushies haha. I'm still hoping to fill up that shelf with more Pokemon plushies :joyful:
Of course I noticed them! They are fantastic,I have an absolutely massive bin filled with pokemon plushies. I've loved Pokemon from the moment it came to the states so I have a lot of merchandise spanning across the years. These are two of my most precious though one of my best friends and fellow pokemon lover crocheted these for me.
20161113_095254.jpg

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
These were my exact thoughts also, in that exact same order!

I really love this set up so much! The tension rod H is genius, pure genius!
Thank you! I just wanted to hang stuff for them so badly but my landlord told me no holes so that was compromise I found. The tension is definitely one of my best purchases to date
:laugh:

Of course I noticed them! They are fantastic,I have an absolutely massive bin filled with pokemon plushies. I've loved Pokemon from the moment it came to the states so I have a lot of merchandise spanning across the years. These are two of my most precious though one of my best friends and fellow pokemon lover crocheted these for me.
View attachment 436512
Whoa a bin full of Pokemon plushes that sounds incredible! I got into Pokemon a bit later from the games (I think B&W) but I've been loving the series ever since!

Wow Your friend is soooo talented, so awesome! :heart:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The tension rods are such a great Idea! I have really high ceilings so I'm not sure I can find any that will work but I will look! I want to make a big play zone in my living room :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whoa a bin full of Pokemon plushes that sounds incredible! I got into Pokemon a bit later from the games (I think B&W) but I've been loving the series ever since!

Wow Your friend is soooo talented, so awesome! :heart:
One of these days I'll have to open it and show you pics. Sadly I have no where to display my plushies anymore that's an old pic since my room is so small I only have a few peices of furniture and sadly my bookcase is in storage until we get a bigger place.
Here's an old pic of Nala playing Pokemon Yellow and hanging with one of my Raichu plushies.
IMAG6602.jpg IMAG7020.jpg

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
The tension rods are such a great Idea! I have really high ceilings so I'm not sure I can find any that will work but I will look! I want to make a big play zone in my living room :)
The one I have adjusts from 7-10 ft tall but I hope you find some if you need taller than that! I would love to see what once you're finished with the play zone though :laugh:

One of these days I'll have to open it and show you pics. Sadly I have no where to display my plushies anymore that's an old pic since my room is so small I only have a few peices of furniture and sadly my bookcase is in storage until we get a bigger place.
Here's an old pic of Nala playing Pokemon Yellow and hanging with one of my Raichu plushies.
View attachment 436514 View attachment 436515
Aww yes I would love to see. I actually had the similar problem where I didn't have any space to put them but then I made the hard decision to go digital for my books (save a few of my favorites) so I would have space on my bookshelf to display them

Oh my goodness I love love the shot of her hanging on your gameboy. Absolutely precious. :heart: Haha Pico and Sonny are still afraid of my plushies so they don't go near them

Can you just, like, come over and design my bird room?
:lol:If you're open to hosting me plus two noisy conures hahahaha

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww yes I would love to see. I actually had the similar problem where I didn't have any space to put them but then I made the hard decision to go digital for my books (save a few of my favorites) so I would have space on my bookshelf to display them

Oh my goodness I love love the shot of her hanging on your gameboy. Absolutely precious. :heart: Haha Pico and Sonny are still afraid of my plushies so they don't go near them
I had to do that as well! It broke my heart to sell most of my physical books but it was just too overwhelming especially with moving all the time like we were. By the time all was said and done I sold probably close to 1 thousand books and they filled 7 massive bins. I kept one bin of my absolute favorites but aside from that I only buy digital now.
Oh man she loved nothing more than to be hanging with me when I'd be playing my games or reading my kindle. Those are some of my most cherished moments with her. Oh boy she adored my plushies she loved nothing more than to play with and preen them.
IMAG6909_1.jpg 20170508_120740.jpg 20170517_200814.jpg 20171002_123458.jpg 20171002_123709.jpg IMAG2135.jpg IMAG5558.jpg IMAG8448.jpg IMAG8691.jpg 20170504_201423.jpg 20170822_204859.jpg

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I had to do that as well! It broke my heart to sell most of my physical books but it was just too overwhelming especially with moving all the time like we were. By the time all was said and done I sold probably close to 1 thousand books and they filled 7 massive bins. I kept one bin of my absolute favorites but aside from that I only buy digital now.
Oh man she loved nothing more than to be hanging with me when I'd be playing my games or reading my kindle. Those are some of my most cherished moments with her. Oh boy she adored my plushies she loved nothing more than to play with and preen them.
View attachment 436516 View attachment 436517 View attachment 436518 View attachment 436519 View attachment 436520 View attachment 436521 View attachment 436522 View attachment 436523 View attachment 436524 View attachment 436525 View attachment 436526
I am *loving* all the Dr Who stuff!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am *loving* all the Dr Who stuff!
Whovian all the way! I'm currently under my Tardis Blanket on my Tardis sheets with my tardis pillowcases lol. With my beloved 10th Doctor Poster in the place of honor.
I am beyond stoked for the upcoming specials!
20231029_182051.jpg 20231029_182120.jpg