• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like our Cinnamon Green Cheeks were successful - we've got one chick so far. It hatched Wednesday. It took her almost 2 weeks to lay them all, and I don't believe all of the eggs are fertile. I'm hoping we get two more chicks from the clutch. Momma bird jumps out of the nest every afternoon when I feed them, so I take the opportunity to check the nest or snap a picture. She usually has the eggs all together, but scatters them when she leaves. We put plenty of material in there for them, but they both shoved most of it out. Our Yellow sided GCC's have 3 eggs, but only 1 looks fertile. We'll see what happens there.

Attachments

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
20170519_214157.jpg 20170310_185603.jpg 20170306_233445.jpg 20170310_172730.jpg
This is Bird. He was literally rescued from the a life on the streets. He was in a cardboard box, with masking tape as the latice work on one side and a McDonald's straw for a perch which forced him to hang upside down.
My husband bought him from his "owner" who was begging for change. His intention was to re-unite the wet, shivering creature with it's rightful owners....owners who we never did find. (Not for lack of effort)
Who or where Bird came from, we will never know. But here he is.

The last picture is Bird attempting to shoot my chihuahua, Louis with a nerf gun because he caught Louis eating his Nutriberries.
*in case anyone is concerned for Bird's safety, Louis is the one we worry about. They are never alone together. Because Bird will possibly hurt Louis.

Last edited:

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
I'm so glad you rescued him! I love the photos - he's gorgeous. It's probably a good job you didn't manage to find his original owners, I'm sure he's better off with you. It sounds as if he's settled in well, a Bird with attitude!

LokiBosmer

Moving in
Real Name
Heather
Hi Everyone!

I don't have a GCC in my home just yet, but did pick one out a couple of weeks ago and she will be weaned and ready to go in hopefully about 2 weeks! Her name is Calypso and I am so excited to introduce her to you all!

She is my first Green Cheek, and I am very excited about that. I had recently lost my Lineolated parakeet, and couldn't bear to get another one so soon, but HATED not having a feathered friend to wake up and take care of! So without any further adieu, meet Calypso!

Attachments

witchbaby

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
She is gorgeous! All of the turquoise mutations are my favorite. Congrats on your new baby. You will love having a GCC.

ConureKen21

Moving in
Real Name
Ken
This is my GCC, Zoey. He's just a bit over 6 now. Charming little fella, and like many of you know with conures, he has an enourmous personality. My larger than life pal, I love all the time I can spend with this silly boy. :):heart: Resized_20170220_162255.jpeg

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Our Cinnamon Green Cheek chick came inside today. Two weeks old today. I went outside to check the flock because they were causing a fuss that I could hear inside. I discovered that the parents had escaped their cage and gotten into the cage with the Crimson Belly Conures. Everyone was upset and screaming. I was planning on taking the chick on Saturday, but it had probably been alone for several hours by the time I discovered what was going on. I took advantage of the confusion and pulled the chick and the bad eggs. Now everyone is back in their own cage and the little one has a full belly.

Attachments

Scott Norman

Meeting neighbors
Our Cinnamon Green Cheek chick came inside today. Two weeks old today. I went outside to check the flock because they were causing a fuss that I could hear inside. I discovered that the parents had escaped their cage and gotten into the cage with the Crimson Belly Conures. Everyone was upset and screaming. I was planning on taking the chick on Saturday, but it had probably been alone for several hours by the time I discovered what was going on. I took advantage of the confusion and pulled the chick and the bad eggs. Now everyone is back in their own cage and the little one has a full belly.
I was able to pull the baby's out while the parents was eating .

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
This is Charley. He is now 4 months old. His favorite pass time is sleeping on anyone who will let him. We love him!
That little foot tucked up is adorable!

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Awww, sweet