• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

Sixx

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello Everyone. Been lurking awhile, decided to finally join. Have had Daisy, our pineapple green cheek conure for about 4 months now. Need to get more pictures, but figured I'd show a little video of one of her favorite activities, bath time.

Originally bought her for my wife, but she's taken to me quite a bit. So, we ended up picking up a cockatiel a few weeks back as well. Have learned a lot from this site, so I'm sure I'll be around more.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Hazel and Peanut checking in!

Hazel is super sweet and dainty... Peanut is a grumpy old man. :p
Your rids are beautiful! The second picture of Hazel is gorgeous! :)
I would love to have either a pineapple or cinnamon turquoise GCC someday, they are both beautiful. :heart:

bumblebee

Walking the driveway
Your rids are beautiful! The second picture of Hazel is gorgeous! :)
I would love to have either a pineapple or cinnamon turquoise GCC someday, they are both beautiful. :heart:
Thank you! I love how many different colours they both have, GCC mutations are so interesting! Regular GCC are just as beautiful though, I love their beautiful deep blue wings and the speckles of aqua/turquoise green they get in their back and head. :D

Pineapple

Moving in
Real Name
Sofia Herrera-Mishler
I'm planning to adopt a green cheek or a Jenday :) They're just too cute and I love them.

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
Cooper the GCC is one heck of a biter!

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
So Black Friday I went to petsmart to pick up stuff for my dogs...and the little pineapple I had seen weeks before was still there on closeout massive sale. I asked to see her and they know I am a veterinarian...and they basically gave her to me. Normally I would not get one from petsmart but she needed a mom and there I was. She joins my red belly Tucker and Senegal Holden. I am madly in love with this little girl... she is so precious, loves to snuggle in my neck for hours. Now I'm in love with conures and wanting a sun lol.

IMG_2473.JPG

Attachments

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
What a cutie! Does she have a name yet?

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
It is either Poppy or Piper. I named her Poppy but the last few days Piper keeps popping out. Lol

Scott Norman

Meeting neighbors
[QUI come to reLiseTE="Scott Norman, post: 2411884, member: 18130"]2 of the babys are going to there forever home. .. kinda going to be sad .[/QUOTE]
I have a maited pair of turqoise and pineaple green cheek conure. They had 3 babys. It is a great experience. ..
So I've come to realise my hen is a cinnamon turquoise. ..

Lizzy Banner

Meeting neighbors
Here's my special baby girl Loki. ^_^ She's a pineapple green cheek conure.

Loki 1.jpg Loki 2.jpg Loki 3.jpg

She's 3 years old. She'll be 4 on March 16th. I got her April 2014. I love her so much! She's got such attitude and sass! Loki's a brave little bird and isn't afraid to let you know what she thinks. hehe Highly intelligent and reminds me of a child at times. She'll do subtle things to manipulate me into doing what she wants.

Loki is protective of me especially when I'm not feeling well. When she's on me she doesn't want anyone being near me. Her feathers puff up especially her neck features. She drags her beak across my shoulder and if someone gets too close she will charge with her head down fluffed up. She gets jealous when I go into the other room to talk to Raine and Spike my parakeet and cockatiel. She follows me on her cage and watches me yelling.

The best thing about her (as if all this isn't enough!) she's incredibly in tune with me. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and other mental health things. She never fails to sense when I'm having a bad day. She watches me and begs me to take her. She does what I and my parents call "wasping". Loki leans over and flutters her wings. If I'm doing really bad she will demand I take her by screeching at me.

Loki can talk but she's hard to understand. She says "what" like 4 different ways. haha She says her name and I think she's trying to say "baby" and maybe "come here". I bet she says more but we can't understand her. As for sounds, she imitates the doors creaking and dad's whistles. Loki is an excellent dancer when she hears something on TV she likes!

Loki laughs and she sounds like me laughing. I just love this! She'll laugh out of the blue sometimes and she and I will laugh back and forth. How can I not laugh at that cute little voice? ;)

Birds&Tea

Meeting neighbors
New here - always happy to show off my GCCs!

This is Pepper. We brought her home about three months ago. She's still pretty shy, but enjoys watching the critters outside!
31260497984_328ce92f69_z.jpg

This is Chloe, who passed away about six months ago. She was my heart and soul.
21475179370_48b8036294_z.jpg

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
What beautiful birds! I'm sorry for your loss.