• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Toshi...

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Three days ago Toshi left her earthly form…

That morning I knew it was going to be her last moments, I knew she was going…so I held her, kissed her and told her I loved her over and over. I told her if she had to she could leave before I got home, that it would be okay if that’s what she needed.

That evening when I returned home, she had gone.

It didn't hit me at first. I felt as if time stood still. Until it did hit me and I sobbed uncontrollably, inducing hyperventilation. Then it hit me. She was gone and I fell to pieces.

She was honestly so wild and kooky, bossy and so loud. She was infuriating at times but damn it I adored her. From the moment she lunged at me in the nest box, scrawny and covered in down, by the way she screamed at me ratting me out to her mom. I knew she was going to be a monster, but one I’d love and be maddened by how much I loved her.

By god did I love her, she was amazing. A surprise is so many ways.
She had this way of pining for attention only to surprise bite you...you couldn't predict whether she was going to be sweet or take a chunk of you, but I'd risk it thousands of times over because she was endearing, so worth any sneaky bite. I called her a rough lover that was all.

She was truly a monster. 40grams of over-sized personality and sass.

These last 3 months got hard for her...and even though this is how it all ended. She didn't get her miraculous recovery, she wasn't magically better I am still so proud of you Toshi girl.
My sweet, bossy girl you were feisty out until the end and I'll always love you.

It'll take time to find peace once again, I hope you are free now Toshi. Fly so high with your new wings.

18th October 2008~15th Febuary 2018

27971680_2310682675624391_5498401293809872059_n.jpg 28056479_2310682678957724_3783789975306284515_n.jpg 28059044_2310682685624390_438764692365638965_n.jpg Siblingsplay.jpg IMG_1595.JPG

28059492_2310682682291057_7043789157479044025_n.jpg

I never knew how difficult it would be to lose you...

Yesterday I bought a water bottle I didn’t even need because I bought it for Toshi because she’d borrowed one from another cage because her drinker didn’t have a flat bottom so couldn’t be on the floor…last night, I told her good night and went to cover a cage which lies empty. Yesterday, I thought “You must go give her, her meds.” which now sits unused.
I thought a lot of things…even though I can’t think at the same time.

How can that name not be attached to a physical being anymore, how can something hurt this much.

I feel like I am falling apart and it hurts so much I don’t want it to be true but it is...I'll miss her so much.

I still have to call the vet and tell him she's passed because they wanted her back to check her progress. I don't want to grey out her name in my signature...it's all just too much but I wanted to update you since you had been following her and routing for us.
I'm sorry it's not better news....I really am.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Rest in peace, Toshi :sorrow:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry honey ..fly free little girl .
:sadhug2:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was such a cutie and a character! :sadhug2:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am sorry for your loss.
:sorrow:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry for your loss.

Toshi has a wonderful spirit...and loved life completely. What a wonderful thing to have shared that love with her.

Just a little story... Cassie didn't like the lights to be turned off at night. We just left the lights on and covered her cage...she was comfortable that way. After Cass passed, it took me a month not to turn the lights off in her room at night. I just couldn't turn those lights off.

Cassie passed six years ago...I still tell her "Be a good girl, Daddy loves you" every night, before we go to bed...just like when she was with us.

Wings Forever High, Toshi...

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug: They are so easy to love and so hard to lose. I’m so sorry. :(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I know a little of what you speak. I just lost Carmen recently and she was my BFF. She was the one who would try new things and convince everyone else how to eat something. She would convince everyone I was okay and safe. Her soft chirps saved for me are gone. I still expect to see her every morning when I wake up and look forward to have her step up and give her a kiss.

I'm so sorry you are going through that pain. Mine is still strong. I have other fids that rely on me so I keep going otherwise I think I would lay down and not ever get up.

There is nothing anyone can say to make it better but please know, we all here understand the pain you must be going through and through you we also feel pain with you. You aren't alone. :grouphug2:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry for your loss.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
So sorry for your loss.:sadhug2:

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I am so sorry for your loss. How lucky Toshi was to have you as her friend to love her and understand her and accept her as she was. :hug8:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love your description of Toshi. :swoon: What a sassy, feisty girl! A big soul in such a tiny body.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Toshi.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue