• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Toshi...

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
You have so many beautiful pictures of her. How lucky to have been there in the beginning and the end.
It sounds like she lived a full and wonderful life with you.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry for your loss.:sorrow:She sounds like she was such a special girl, and your photos are so cute.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so sorry for your loss:sadhug2: Your descriptions and pictures tell how special your bond was, and how much you loved her. She is flying free now:sorrow:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am very sorry for your loss

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so sorry.

I know it doesn't help your grief but I do want you to know it really warms my heart to see a budgie flock so loved. They need it just as much as any bird of course but many littles, budgies most of all, are so unlikely to get the life they deserve. It looks and sounds like she had such a great life with you, and was a huge character to leave such a hole in your heart.
I hope you and your flock are well today. Wings high little Toshi, may you fly free from your sickness in birdie heaven. :sadhug2:

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
I'm so sorry.

I know it doesn't help your grief but I do want you to know it really warms my heart to see a budgie flock so loved. They need it just as much as any bird of course but many littles, budgies most of all, are so unlikely to get the life they deserve. It looks and sounds like she had such a great life with you, and was a huge character to leave such a hole in your heart.
I hope you and your flock are well today. Wings high little Toshi, may you fly free from your sickness in birdie heaven. :sadhug2:

It's truly been so hard, i've gotten to know my tear ducts very well this past week. Everyday I managed to read two or three of everybody's comments before sobbing uncontrollably and I truly appreciate everyone's support. It's nice to not completely take this on alone. My family aren't bird fans so don't understand it, although they have been supportive, even if they don't fully get it.

She'd been with me from day one so to not have her it's felt and it honestly gets me sick at times. I want to tell her to use her 'inside voice' over and over cos she's screaming too loud or stop hogging the attention because she was so needy. She was so loud, the loudest of the entire flock and its truly heard. I want to hear that screaming, I feel like I need it.

My flock, I am sure they are all grieving as well, maybe in another few days someone will scream the house down.

This morning though, Lumina (Toshi's mother) Sang me a lovely song, the first I'd heard of her voice since Toshi's passing which was refreshing bringing a smile to my heart. They're just so beautiful and deserve so much whether they stand with me for years or days. I love them. Always.

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
My kooky, wild, bossy, sweet Monster.
My Toshi girl, there's a 15 year old weeping inside my soul and an even bigger 'kid' who should be able to handle this who is shattered...

I miss your freckled, mottled face, the way looking at me upside down always seemed so much more amusing to you. The way you somehow thought you owned everything in the cage, how you bounced off the walls with energy before you got sick. The way somehow you felt I was a good enough mate and how I'd tell you 'I'm not a budgie, but I'm flattered' yet still over and over when you set eyes on me you'd present yourself to me. You trusted me and no body else those were all outsiders.

Truly you were magnificent.

A pain in the behind, but so much more over powered that my sweet, sweet girl. I miss you and your family misses you, but I am so glad we all could say goodbye to you. For a while my heart will bleed but I was so blessed by you. I'll never forget how spooked you got when I cut all my hair off and you didn't trust the outside shell but that voice you knew, you growled in disgust as I tried to touch you and you scoped me out for minutes, deciphering the change until...in time you accepted me and my hairstyle once again...I will miss you.

28168306_2321800167845975_5825327628531394476_n.jpg

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So very sad... God bless their little souls! :sorrow:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What beautiful words about your sweetie. She was lucky to have you and such love.
:sadhug2:

chyenne

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
chyenne
I don't know why, but reading this I started crying. I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She sounds like a very special, fiesty friend. I am so sorry for your loss.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.
Don't remove her from your siggie. Give her a halo.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry...

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Thank you all so much. It means a lot, it still hasn't felt any easier even months on but I am managing I was lucky to have known her for so many years. Seriously, thank you all for your support. :hug8: