• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye, Good boy, Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sadhug:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Wow. Poor Cole. I cannot imagine how this horrendous accident could have happened.

Fly free, sweet Cole. You went far too soon.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Oh Jacqui I am am so sorry when I heard this I broke down .Please know that god has Cole and Sheldon on his arm watching over you and please believe there best times were on this earth with you. Like pets and family I have lost I look at the sunrise and sunset thinking of them next to me smiling at how beautiful we make our time here and how happy we will be when we meet again.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Right now, thinking fowl play might be involved is a little too much for me to handle, but Cole lived alone, in his own room (not the bird room) and my mom is afraid to touch my birds. When I am gone, she just feeds them for me. They only get let out if my sister comes over, but Cole was a cage bird.... he really never liked leaving his cage.

I don't know how this could have happened, but I can absolutely feel the line on his head where something is just not right. It isnt like I can see into his skull (it is not an open wound), it is just what looks like a fracture.

I would never think anyone in my family could do anything wrong to any of my birds, especially Cole. My mom loved him and would talk to him all day. But she doesn't frequent the room he lived in, since he lives in my "apartment" on the second floor of my house. She went in to feed and water him over the weekend and said she last heard him this morning.

Plus, I can't imagine what it would take a person to do to hurt and African Grey like that. But Cole literally played by throwing balls around his cage, throwing different toy parts into the bars to make noise, and he slept on a toy that spins around from Grey Feather Toys since he liked the metal bowl thing as almost a shelter (I still have no clue how he did it). When I found him, it literally looked like he had fallen, except he had some strange fluid on his face that was coming out of his cere (but it was dry by the time I found him and was just sort of slick, not wet when I found him), and right above that right eye and cere was the "indentation" of what I believe is a cracked skull.

I may bring him in for a necropsy, but honestly, I don't know if I can do it. I held him and cried for almost an hour and just talked to his body. I almost feel like if I let him go in for a necropsy, I will feel like I am losing him all over again. I know it sounds weird, but my heart is in such a strange place right now, I don't even know why I am feeling what I am feeling.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:sad1:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I am so sorry, Cole, that your life was so short.

With damage to the skull so severe that it's visible to a layman's eye, I too would suspect another member of the household was involved. :(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't even fathom that happening :(

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so sorry! :sadhug2: We're losing way too many TAG's lately! :(

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I am so sorry, Cole, that your life was so short.

With damage to the skull so severe that it's visible to a layman's eye, I too would suspect another member of the household was involved. :(
It wasn't visible until I had felt it. And it was only visible because his head was wet so his feathers were slick. It literally feels like there is a teeny tiny difference in height of the the skull on each side of the spot... with the lower area being closer to the eye. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been petting him. And I checked the other side of his head, it did not have the same feel.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:( I am so very sorry for your loss.
Fly high and free, sweet Cole.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh Jacqui, Im so sorry. Fly free little man.:hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jacqui,

I write this because I find myself feeling worried about you. I don't really know you yet I feel concerned. If I am completely off track and wrong I appologize in advance and will not regret that I took the chance and voiced this.

I get the sense that you are living and have been living through alot of troubled times in your personal life, especially in the past year. I admire that you have the courage to share as much as you do on here. It sure takes alot of guts. I hope you have someone in real life or EVEN on here that you can talk to and share what you and your parrots have been going through. Someone who genuinely cares about you. Someone who can be supportive and provide valuable guidance. Someone responsible and who can provide a place without judgement or criticism.
I cannot imagine going through all the stuff that you've gone through with your parrots. It must definitely be tough. I know I'd have an extremely hard time dealing with all of it. Especially since all of what you've going through seems so cumulative. I know you've been trying to deal with all kinds of stuff the best way you know how. Probably alot more than the stuff you share on here. I hope you are able to reach out to someone you can fully trust. I hope you can find a better way of dealing with everything and discover that you don't have to be alone in all this.
I hope you and the rest of your parrots stay well and stay safe. I will say a prayer for you and the rest of your feathered babies.

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I'm so sorry for your loss of Cole, but you need to know what happened. Ask your vet what you should do until you can bring him in. Please keep us updated.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm so sorry and please believe you did nothing wrong. Fly free Cole.:hug8:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I am very sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Status