• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye, Ciri

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Gonna get it in the neck later, but I think I'll just move Guz and Mims' cages back into my room, at least temporarily, until I figure out what to do.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry for your loss.

Beautiful Wings Forever High, Ciri...no more pain...just wonderful gentle breezes to soar on at the Bridge...

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I am sorry for your loss, but I am grateful that Ciri left this world knowing that there were responsible and loving human beings such as yourself.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Ah shoot, my family is the best and also the worst. They just called and told me that they're picking up another lovebird who needs a home, and I can't say no. He was going to be used for breeding, too.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, but I have a cage that none of my birds used and it feels weird getting him now, and he won't bring her back or change anything. I can't bring myself to give him her cage out for him, not so soon, not for a while. It's her cage.

I don't know how to feel about this ontop of everything else. I know I won't hate him and I know he won't make me feel better, but they're already going to pick him up.

My head hurts just thinking about this.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wow, what a hard situation. Is the new bird home now? If not, can you explain to them that you are not ready?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Wow, what a hard situation. Is the new bird home now? If not, can you explain to them that you are not ready?
He's home. I went with them to see him, and he was heading down the same road as Ciri was. He was also bought to breed and his 'mate' mangled his tail. After the owners said they only had him for eleven days to breed with their female after she lay her eggs and saw the conditions they were in, I couldn't leave him. Geralt's mate was in this tiny round cage with one of those seed bells from the dollar store. They're nothing but actual lard, millet, and fatty seed. He was already in a tiny box and his back was full of her poop. I don't think he had access to food or water for a little while. The female didn't even have a cuttlebone or mineral block.

It's weird having him, but I didn't want him to be sold to another breeder. Poor guy was absolutely petrified, he hid in the shredded bits of paper his old owner shoved into the box. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a new bird, but I'm willing to take care of him.

The hardest part of this will be cleaning out Ciri's cage and putting him in it, tbh. It still feels like her cage, but it's got all the toys and perches and it's way bigger than the spare he's in. I know he'd be happier there, and I'd like to think Ciri would be play sharing with such a sweet little guy.

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, well thanks tor taking him in, and I think you’re right, Ciri would be pleased!

Math Bird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Becca
I’m sorry about Ciri, but it’s great that you’re giving a bird a safe and loving home. :hug8:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I’m sorry about Ciri, but it’s great that you’re giving a bird a safe and loving home. :hug8:
Thank you. It was hard cleaning out her cage for him. The baskets really hurt the most to do, since she loved them, too, but I figured if I removed everything she loved he wouldn't have a single thing. I did keep her favourite red bowl, though. Not sure where I'm going to put it, but I want to at least keep that for now.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator