• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye, Ciri

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Her little body just gave out. I got back after my visit with my therapist and she was fine and an hour later and she was at the bottom of her cage when I went to check on her and now she's gone.

This just really hurts too much she had just grown in three new tailfeathers and nearly had her wings back. And she was looking so beautiful with bits of blue feathers in her green feathers. She should have gotten the time to enjoy having her wings back, she was almost there. The dried bits of cere on her beak were nearly gone, she was getting better and stretching out her wings to flap them nearly every day. She deserved at least a day of being able to fly without crashing before leaving this world.

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Aww that I just too sad. How old was she?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for your loss Garet! :sorrow:
But I'm also happy that she did died in your care. She was lucky to end this life with someone that cared and loved her. ♥

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
:sorrow: Sorry you lost her.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Aww that I just too sad. How old was she?
I have no idea. The vet said around seven, but she could have been as old as 15 when I got Ciri. She was in really poor condition before I brought her home. It was weird, she was starting to flap a whole lot more and started exploring the rest of her cage just this morning, and then she was just gone. I had a gut feeling I'd come home to find her on the bottom of her cage and was so relieved when I saw her perched on her favourite place, then this.

I'm so sorry for your loss Garet! :sorrow:
But I'm also happy that she did died in your care. She was lucky to end this life with someone that cared and loved her. ♥
I just wish I could have done more. She deserved a better life than what she got. Ciri was so close to a life of flying around and getting scritches and pets and all the showers she could ever want. But thank you. I'm just glad she was here and not cooped up somewhere, forced to pop out eggs until she went.

I am very sorry for your loss. I believe she used her stronger wings to cross The Bridge. No pain anymore.
I hope so. No more walls across the bridge for her to crash into, nor any toilet bowls or garbage cans for her to fly into, either. And no scary brooms, just wide open spaces for her to spread her wings. Petie and Snowflake will love finally meeting their adopted baby sister.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug: I’m so sorry to hear that. She was well-loved.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so sorry for your loss of Ciri.
:sadhug2:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so sorry, that is horrible:sadhug2:
Ciri used her strong wings to fly to rainbow bridge:sorrow:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:sorrow::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so sorry you lost her. Thank you for giving her a better life. :sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh no Garet! :sadhug2:

Thank goodness she had you at the end to make her happy and comfortable.

Fly high, little one. :sorrow:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
It was so strange uncovering just Yen today. She and Ciri used to have their cages side by side and I'd cover them both with the same blanket. Both Yen and Guz flew to her empty cage to look for her. Guz just sort of hung to them, like he was waiting for her to start squawking at him to get off her cage and Yen was just hanging out ontop of her cage, looking down in it.

I wish I could just tell them that she's under the lilac tree now.

I don't know what to do with Yen. She and Ciri were friends and shared my room while I was gone (with Ciri safely in her cage). I can't leave her alone with Mims and Guzma because she picks on Mimikyu, and I can't just put Guzma and Yen in the bedroom because he and Mimikyu are a bonded pair. I can't take Yen with me to my aunt's house, either, as her dog wants to eat Yen. And I'd feel horrible just locking her up in my room alone, with no one to talk to, but I can't not go help my aunt out. I'd leave her with my dad, but he's out today and often isn't home when I'm gone.

Having to think about this stuff just makes it hurt all over again. I know she needs a friend, but I can't just run off and get another bird so soon. It would make her happier, I know, but I don't want to just get another bird, like I'm replacing Ciri.