• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Good bye Major.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry, my friend.

Run Free in the green fields of the Bridge, Major...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I was just thinking of you and Major last week, trying to figure out how to ride a bike with one of our dogs like you did with Major without biting the dust the second she sees a rabbit. :bored:

Major was a very special dog and was as lucky to have you and your dad as you were to have him. Such a good boy. :swoon: Thank you for giving him an amazing 6 years of love and bike runs, even in the snow! :bluhug: God knows how much you both loved it and you're both crazy for that.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear about Major. I can see the love between you absolutely shining out of those photos. It sounds like he had a fine 16 years with your family - no dog could have asked for more.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Major was a very special dog and was as lucky to have you and your dad as you were to have him. Such a good boy. :swoon: Thank you for giving him an amazing 6 years of love and bike runs, even in the snow! :bluhug: God knows how much you both loved it and you're both crazy for that.
I will probably miss this the most. We did it for both our health. I can't even look at that bike.

I never taught him how to ride with the bike. He instinctively knew how to do this from day one. He crossed on the wrong side of a pole a couple times early on and got clothes lined. He never crossed on the wrong side again. He knew which side the leash was on at the time and would always make the right move.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug2:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm sorry for your loss of Major. Sometimes the hardest part of having companion animals is making the right decision for them even if it is heartbreaking to us. What our brains tell us doesn't jive with how our hearts feel, no matter what. :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
OMG John. I am so sorry! Run free Major and know you are truly loved.

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
So sorry for your loss. I ended up crying looking at the photos. I lost my 18 year old border collie 7 years ago and he's a spitting image! I hope the pain starts to ease up for you. It is such a hard thing to go through :(

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Today is one of the saddest days of my life. A big piece of me died today. I feel numb. We had to put down my best friend Major. He was 16 years old in November of 2018. Smartest most well behaved dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I was blessed to be given his charge the last 6 years of his life. We miss you already. Remembered always.

View attachment 292430 View attachment 292431 View attachment 292432 View attachment 292433 View attachment 292434 View attachment 292435 View attachment 292436 View attachment 292437 View attachment 292438 View attachment 292439
I am so sorry. He was beautiful and special.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He was an amazing dog and for sure so meant to be yours after he lost his first Master. :heart: Border Collies will never cease to amaze me with their loyal bond and their crazy witty smarts!

He's running free JL and he truly loved you. Sorry again for your loss, I know it all too well.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Just reading your comment on picking up the collar and still being able to smell him made me cry for you like a baby......I still have my old dogs t shirt (the kids used to love dressing her up so I bought her her very own dog tshirt), my daughter has it packed away and she got it out not long ago while doing a big clean up. That t-shirt still has a feint smell of Noodle from over ten years ago!
If the smell of Major's collar brings you comfort I would like to suggest you keep it in a sealed plastic bag so you can sniff it any time you feel you want to. I know some people think sniffing an item from a lost friend may be a little weird but I found it brought me so many memories I would not have otherwise thought about and those memories brought me great comfort.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Just reading your comment on picking up the collar and still being able to smell him made me cry for you like a baby......I still have my old dogs t shirt (the kids used to love dressing her up so I bought her her very own dog tshirt), my daughter has it packed away and she got it out not long ago while doing a big clean up. That t-shirt still has a feint smell of Noodle from over ten years ago!
If the smell of Major's collar brings you comfort I would like to suggest you keep it in a sealed plastic bag so you can sniff it any time you feel you want to. I know some people think sniffing an item from a lost friend may be a little weird but I found it brought me so many memories I would not have otherwise thought about and those memories brought me great comfort.

I smelled it and burst into tears. :)

It's all good. It now hangs from the mirror in my truck. He will continue to come to work with me every day.