• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gendered tiels

Morten

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Morten Kjeldgaard Christensen
Haha lots of people would love to have quiet tiels!
I swear they only tweet like calling for me, if i have been abscent all morning I.E. Sleeping in on a sunday! then they start the call we all know, the really loud tweeting! But if im around or if i was in the living room at normal times eating breakfast, then they're fine. They only really say noices when they bicker at eachother about who gets to sit next to my face when they are on my shoulder.
And here i was, hoping for some nice bird sounds in my house, i get the quiet tiels ! ;p

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have finches and canaries. people always say my home sounds like a jungle!

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I would love to come and hang out at your place @finchly I still want to get some finches but my husband is still being a butt about it.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Bring your husband to FL for a little visit!

Everyone loves to come here! :lol: My craft group used to meet here, and we all would be quiet and concentrating, and the little songs were going on in the background.

Bird people like to come look at the room. I managed to meet a lady yesterday in person that I got to know online and have shipped finches to. She loved the room...It was especially interesting for them because right now the finch cages are open so they can choose their mates. ...

Actually they wanted to look at our whole house, the lanai, the canal etc. They'll end up moving down here I bet, or at least thinking hard about it.

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Baby is only quiet for shoulder rides and exploring lol

Marloz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Looks like females to me. My female use to cry for me in the morning.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
He doesn't do humid areas lol.

I can't tell the difference between a boy and girl tiel even with notes.

Morten

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haha lots of people would love to have quiet tiels!
Tanya, you are correct. A picture of tail feathers of chicks at a young age means nothing... I have a picture of a DNA sexed male lutino cockatiel under a black light - and he has all the female markings aka markings of a young cockatiel!

At this age, the only way to sex them is via their wings *OR* behavior. No, it's not really easy to get wing photos unless you have someone who could help you...
A picture of their wings would be helpful, but if they won't let you spread their wings, take a picture of their tail feathers. A female cockatiel's usually has stripes/bars on the underside of the tail. This would give you a good idea of the gender, although a DNA test would be the only way to know for sure.
They are so cute! They look like two girls, how old were they again? I thought they had their ‘big’ molt at 8 months(could be wrong) and then they should get their permanent colors. So if they are younger then that you can’t Tell yet, but if they already had that molt you have two very pretty girls!
Im just quoting all of you to make sure that you all see the new post, still not sure how notifications work on this site!

I have slo mo video of them flying wich i hope shows enough wings! If not i capture and take wing pics tomorrow or thursday!

Morten

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
He doesn't do humid areas lol.

I can't tell the difference between a boy and girl tiel even with notes.
Looks like females to me. My female use to cry for me in the morning.
A picture of their wings would be helpful, but if they won't let you spread their wings, take a picture of their tail feathers. A female cockatiel's usually has stripes/bars on the underside of the tail. This would give you a good idea of the gender, although a DNA test would be the only way to know for sure.
I would like you guys’s opinions too :D

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well, I don’t have experience with this but my best guess from the videos in combination with them vocalizing very little, I vote to girls! But as I said, I have no experience! I only had an adult male, sexing him was easy:D

Morten

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Well, I don’t have experience with this but my best guess from the videos in combination with them vocalizing very little, I vote to girls! But as I said, I have no experience! I only had an adult male, sexing him was easy:D
Thanks for the input ! :)

Morten

Meeting neighbors
Real Name

I dont know if this helps gender them. They're just really cute and its the first time the sit and tweet for the sake of coziness