• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Freeze Dried Everything for Birds from Avian Organics!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Okay everyone, here we are!
I have been saving up for a Freeze Dryer for awhile. It arrived a few weeks ago! I am OBSESSED with it, like SO obsessed :lol: I increased package sizes from the beginning.
Already planning my second Freeze Dryer! I haven't really said anything about it and people have been buying.

Anyway, apparently Freeze Drying keeps almost all the nutrients when you compare it to dehydrating. Everything is super crisp and dry, crunchy! All my packaging is sealed in Mylar, with O2 absorbers, so it is good for 20 or so years. lol

It is sold through Things for Wings
Organic Freeze Dried Chop Parrot & Bird Food ~ Avian Organics ~ Freeze Dried Fruit and Vegetables for Parrots & Birds ~ Canada's Unique Bird Boutique
and
Avian Organics!
Organic Freeze Dried Chop Parrot & Bird Food ~ Avian Organics ~ Freeze Dried Fruit and Vegetables for Parrots & Birds ~ All Organic Parrot Boutique

I partnered with a local organic grocery delivery company who sources out local produce whenever possible. They deliver 5 times a week, I chop chop chop in the Avian Organics Kitchen and then in it goes. All my ingredients for everything AO are always certified organic. It is a long process, but the end result is so cool. I took it to my vet and she was pretty excited! She gave me quite a few suggestions and I am following them. All AO packaging now has lot numbers, and dates. The kitchen is going through the process of being approved for people food too!

Serve dry, add a bit of water, or sneak it into recipes!
There are different Chops
Vegetable Medley features a basic vegetable mix
Veggie Mango features a bit of Mango added to the veggie mix
Berry Blue Veggie Chop, blueberries hide the nasty vegetables
Harvest Ginger Veggie Chop, a spicy version.
Then there is the Freeze Dried Fruit which is SO fun!
Kiwi, Strawberries, and Bananas!
Freeze Dried Yams, and Sprouts on the way.

Any flavour ideas or combos are welcome.
Here are my tasted testers :lol:

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My guys are loving everything so far!!!

I will get some pictures today at lunch. :) This is absolutely perfect for me in the summer/fall months when I have zero time to prepare fancy meals for my flock.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This is fantastic. I love the fact that the veggies are crisp. When my stock of dehydrated gets lower I will give this a try. Are they sized for smaller beaks?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
This is fantastic. I love the fact that the veggies are crisp. When my stock of dehydrated gets lower I will give this a try. Are they sized for smaller beaks?
It is so crispy that all you have to do is crumble it up if it is for small birds.

Working on larger sized chop now for the bigs. The stuff I have now is for any bird really.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Oh and another thing I am super excited about, in case anyone else gets excited about stuff like me :lol:
I can drop some prices on some of my AO because I am making the ingredients for the added flavourings.
$135 for Certified Organic Peas purchased
$35 for Certified Organic Peas made by me!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have wanted one of those too! Yeah for you!!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oooh pomegranate?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They aren't in season?
I just looked. It might be hard to find the Certified Organic ones.
I wonder if un organics would be good, what do you think?
Maybe it's just me but I think stick with the organics. We love our feathered dudes and they are awful little to absorb what chemicals exist on regular foods.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
They aren't in season?
I just looked. It might be hard to find the Certified Organic ones.
I wonder if un organics would be good, what do you think?
I'm okay with non certified organic. My main problem with buying things is that I need such a large batch. I use essentially four cups of chops per feeding. I'd likely be able to do a tablespoon of individual items like the pom or blueberry as treats in the cage? But I'm always uncertain how far a bag will go for a flock.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I'm okay with non certified organic. My main problem with buying things is that I need such a large batch. I use essentially four cups of chops per feeding. I'd likely be able to do a tablespoon of individual items like the pom or blueberry as treats in the cage? But I'm always uncertain how far a bag will go for a flock.
I want to do larger portions, 4 cup bags.
Just getting caught up on the orders I have now, before I do larger portions. I also have to order the large mylar bags.
I think each run on the FD does 16 1.5-2 cup packages. So 10 pounds of chop, which is a LOT = 30-35 cups of FD product. My math is terrible, I hope that explains it lol

It is hard because the it is expensive to run the machine and the time in chopping! So I can't give too much of a discount. Will see, there will be one of course.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I want to do larger portions, 4 cup bags.
Just getting caught up on the orders I have now, before I do larger portions. I also have to order the large mylar bags.
I think each run on the FD does 16 1.5-2 cup packages. So 10 pounds of mash = 30-35 cups of FD product. My math is terrible, I hope that explains it lol
Given that I'm just as bad or perhaps worse at math...maybe :ashamed3:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I guess if you make two cups of grain, add a package of FD, that would be quite a bit of food. Plus you don't have to go out and buy/source/chop everything :lol: It would be good on days off.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Love freeze dried! Can't wait to try your stuff :)

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I guess if you make two cups of grain, add a package of FD, that would be quite a bit of food. Plus you don't have to go out and buy/source/chop everything :lol: It would be good on days off.
My last batch of chop took three hours so if I don't buy veggies on Friday, I don't get chop for the week unless I schedule for the weekend. I need all the help I can get I tell ya!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I just ordered the veggie chop and ginger chop so I can compare how the birds like it to the dehydrated chop I already have. Could not get through with Pay Pal for some reason so I used another card. I added a note for no corn please. You will have many AA members ordering I am sure. Thanks