• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freak accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
And it was all my fault.

My youngest Tiel Junip had his wings cut when I got him. He would flop to the ground.

Well today I had a bucket of water out while I was cleaning cages and stupid me didn't put the bucket full of water away as soon as I was done. Went to the shops and then had an early dinner. I don't remember opening the Tiel cage door but I must have. Came back in after dinner to find Junip in the bucket of water :darkcloud:

He was already dead. Thankfully Sage or the others aren't distressed about him missing. I'm just tearing up my insides from guilt for being so stupid and careless. Everyone else flies well and I guess I'm just not used to a clipped bird around.

I will never buy another clipped bird, nor will I ever clip a bird who lives in my home.

Fly free Junip ..

Kolas mum

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
So sorry to hear of such a dreadful thing happening for you. I know it won't help to say this but you really shouldn't beat yourself up over this. It is a really unfortunate set of circumstances that 9 times out of 10 might have been ok. Thinking of you.:hug8:

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have left buckets of water in the birdroom before to, with Lyric who was clipped. I'm lucky that nothing ever happened. Thanks for sharing, hopefully it will make us all more aware of what we do and how we do it.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very sorry for your loss..fly free little one, fly free :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry about your loss. Please don't blame yourself. All or most of us have forgotten to latch a door on a cage (or the bird got it open), and we all forget things.

:hug8:

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
I am SOOOOOOO...sorry to hear of your loss! Try NOT to be to hard on yourself!
None of us are perfect, and accidents do happen!

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
I'm so sorry for your loss.

It is a freak accident and it could happen even with a bird that is not clipped. I almost lost Doozer his very first hour home! He got away from me and flew through the house. There had been a bowl in the sink soaking and of all the places to land - he tried to land on the edge of the bowl, but mis-judged his landing and ended in the bowl of water. Thankfully I was right there and able to scoup him out. He was fully flighted but being at the pet store he probably was not used to flying around. He is already 100% better about his landings. And we make sure that no dishes are soaking in the sink when he is out.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I am so very sorry for your loss. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Accidents happen, all we can do is to do our best to learn from them. I know it was hard for you to share this, but thank you, we all learn from each other. Praying for you, hugs.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry :(

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm so sorry for Your loss:sadhug::sadhug::sadhug:

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Thanks everyone. Im just glad Sage seems ok from the sudden loss of her cage buddy. Will keep a close eye on her but she was eating a seed stick tonight.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very sorry. Accidents can happen to anyone. :hug8: Fly free, little angel Junip.

Status
Not open for further replies.