• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent First Egg

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poop right now. She did have one more formed one, and she often has watery poops when she's as excited as she is right now, but wondering if I should expect this for the whole cycle?

Attachments

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
They're only about 40% of her diet though. Do you think that's enough?

That would be enough for me.

Poops are going to be a little janky for a while. Can't do much judging from that right now. They'll smell more too.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay, thank you! I think I'll go ahead and order supplements so we'll have them if needed, but hold off on giving them to her for now.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks like we're probably not going to have a second egg, or at least not tonight. But, poops are still more watery than normal. That's most likely related to hormones, right? How long should I expect it to last if she doesn't lay any more?

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
I would be surprised if she only has one egg, unless she is a very old bird. Some do space out three days

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's 11 and this is her first ever. Shouldn't I be seeing weight gain by now if she was going to lay again, even tomorrow?

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Ya should see a round bulge in bum area.

She is old for first time, so possible then she only lays one. Keep eye on any odd behaviour to ensure she does not have egg bound

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
No egg bum. No egg bound behaviors. She's super happy and playing, just drinking more than usual. That's what I'm curious about.