• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite toys

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
He does lose interest in them once theyre too small to be hung though so I have multiple chunks of these chewed up mahagony bits I just end up throwing in their foraging trays :roflmao:
View attachment 437431
Aww hopefully Squeak does try them out someday! Maybe the size intimidates him?
I thought that too so I have tried with whole pods and also with slices but he does not seem interested to leave his palm leaf or balsa bits for the mahogany or his bells or bead and peg GF's lol Everything is apparently better than mahogany o_O

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I thought that too so I have tried with whole pods and also with slices but he does not seem interested to leave his palm leaf or balsa bits for the mahogany or his bells or bead and peg GF's lol Everything is apparently better than mahogany o_O
Boy these are the times I really wish they could speak to us and tell us exactly what is about something they don't like :confused:

I imagine Pico would have a strong case for mahogany is he could speak but I don't really know why he enjoys it so much myself :roflmao:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
He does lose interest in them once theyre too small to be hung though so I have multiple chunks of these chewed up mahagony bits I just end up throwing in their foraging trays :roflmao:
View attachment 437431
Aww hopefully Squeak does try them out someday! Maybe the size intimidates him?
Oh thsts cool. My GCC and my quakers have yet to ever touch one mahogany pod! My GCC prefers much softer je balsa, sola, or cork

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh thsts cool. My GCC and my quakers have yet to ever touch one mahogany pod! My GCC prefers much softer je balsa, sola, or cork
Lol now I'm thinking Pico might be the odd one out for liking them so much now :roflmao:

I think Sonny chews on them because he sees Pico chew them he doesn't nearly love them as much as Pico does :lol:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I've never tried mahogany pods but I might have to! Are they drillable? If I tie anything it gets snipped almost immediately

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never tried mahogany pods but I might have to! Are they drillable? If I tie anything it gets snipped almost immediately
I'm pretty sure they are! The shop I buy them from sells pre-drilled ones for a bit more but I didnt need them to be so I didn't get them haha

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Pico's recent favorite has been just plain simple mahogany pod hung up on a rope View attachment 437424
View attachment 437425
I've almost gone through a bulk order of these mahogany pods now (it's pretty cost efficient for me so I can't complain though) :D

Sonny's favorite is still the Sweet Dreams swing from Lil Monsters he loves to preen on, chew and hang off it :laugh:
View attachment 437429
View attachment 437426
Can I use these on the Website? Such a stunning model :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes they are drillable :) I cut and drill mahogany pods often! They are a very popular material with my birds and with my customers!

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
Someone here recommended getting Tweety a toy he can pick at, so I did and he LOVES it !

IMG_20231114_160429859~2.jpg

Gregols loves her bells, and loves the last toy I got her - that she has nearly destroyed.... will have to get some pics of that!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You can force a nail through them, you do not even need a drill to make a hole in them lol

Edit: Oops, I see Shawna answered already :)

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I'd say these ! I keep them around at all times , you can see in different stages of destruction. I believe was one big toy I cut up , can't remember...Ive got like ten . Quaker and gcc use , can't say I've seen the budgies after them ...but don't know they do a good job with all toys .
View attachment 437391 View attachment 437392
I need to get some more of these mine love the ball too or that kind of toy

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Pico's recent favorite has been just plain simple mahogany pod hung up on a rope View attachment 437424
View attachment 437425
I've almost gone through a bulk order of these mahogany pods now (it's pretty cost efficient for me so I can't complain though) :D

Sonny's favorite is still the Sweet Dreams swing from Lil Monsters he loves to preen on, chew and hang off it :laugh:
View attachment 437429
View attachment 437426
I just love your birds :heart: funny mine haven’t been bothered by mahogany pods it last thing they leave on their toys

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Squeak loves the balsa rods I buy and use as customisable perches for him- he goes to town on them so they fall and I have to re position what he has left and he starts all over again. Watching him with his balsa rods reminds me of videos of less than clever people standing on the branch of a tree that they are cutting but they are on the wrong side of the cut. It is pretty funny and he looks at me like I take to too long to come replace it.
Maybe I should put some balsa out from their extensive collection 'behind those doors'!
OH, and speaking of mahogany, I forgot about Fiona's absolute FAVORITE one from one of our vendors - balsa AND mahogany - she LOVES this thing! It sure doesn't last long!
She only has one left and she has a birthday coming up in three days, sooooo - guess what she's getting?!

Attachments

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Maybe I should put some balsa out from their extensive collection 'behind those doors'!
OH, and speaking of mahogany, I forgot about Fiona's absolute FAVORITE one from one of our vendors - balsa AND mahogany - she LOVES this thing! It sure doesn't last long!
She only has one left and she has a birthday coming up in three days, sooooo - guess what she's getting?!
Oh man - now I'm confused - I might be confused as to what is on this toy - is that cork, instead of mahogany???

Attachments

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh man - now I'm confused - I might be confused as to what is on this toy - is that cork, instead of mahogany???
Looks like mahogany slices to me!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Someone here recommended getting Tweety a toy he can pick at, so I did and he LOVES it !

View attachment 437439

Gregols loves her bells, and loves the last toy I got her - that she has nearly destroyed.... will have to get some pics of that!
Oh my goodness! He looks SO tiny compared to that toy :xflove:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love your birds :heart: funny mine haven’t been bothered by mahogany pods it last thing they leave on their toys
Maybe they just need a good bite to see! I used to use the pods to distract Pico from my hands when he was getting nippy and he just loved them haha! Doesn't like the slices nearly as much as the pods too so shape is very important to him :lol: