• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite toys

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
What’s your birds absolute favourite toy ?
remi as one he loves sleeps in it loves chewing it had to order a few and have a spare haha
Indie is her bells (much to everyone’s in the house annoyance when she’s throwing them around bottom of cage first thing in a morning)
Pico is his foraging stack

Share a picture please

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
This is Adélies fave..
It's a plastic pumpkin ball,
IMG_20231116_115521.jpg
She's broke the one in her cage and pulled the little green ringer out. So I'll give her this one. I have a huge bag full. I buy them in packs of three and the orange ones are her favourite.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This is Adélies fave..
It's a plastic pumpkin ball,
View attachment 437371
She's broke the one in her cage and pulled the little green ringer out. So I'll give her this one. I have a huge bag full. I buy them in packs of three and the orange ones are her favourite.
Aww same as pico actually forgot about his ball yours is very clean though pico feeds his haha :lol:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nala loved her Hugh from Shawna and Rainbow Trout from OG so much. She slept under her trout until the day I lost her and she'd play with and have her Hugh's drapped over her always she couldn't get enough of it.
20171030_201819.jpg
IMAG4363.jpg
Zazu really loved Softie from Shawna it was her absolute favorite toy and she always got a new one on hatchdays and holidays.
20190612_060159.jpg
20190331_141404.jpg

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Nala loved her Hugh from Shawna and Rainbow Trout from OG so much. She slept under her trout until the day I lost her and she'd play with and have her Hugh's drapped over her always she couldn't get enough of it.
View attachment 437382
View attachment 437383
Zazu really loved Softie from Shawna it was her absolute favorite toy and she always got a new one on hatchdays and holidays.
View attachment 437384
View attachment 437385
Amazing toys :heart:
your little heart birds are so gorgeous can just see their character through photos

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'd say these ! I keep them around at all times , you can see in different stages of destruction. I believe was one big toy I cut up , can't remember...Ive got like ten . Quaker and gcc use , can't say I've seen the budgies after them ...but don't know they do a good job with all toys .
IMG_20231116_120931184.jpg IMG_20231116_120859857_HDR.jpg

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Fergus and Fiona are SO fickle when it comes to toys, but if I had to say - I'd guess that would be tree limbs / sticks from around my yard. Fi is such a chewer, and Fergus joins her occasionally. And I guess you've SEEN their toy collection? STICKS??? REALLY??? :lol:
(please excuse the messy corner, the bird toys overflowed!)

Attachments

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Borrowed this pic from the internet but Ollie LOVES these atom balls. We call it his girlfriend cause he will, well, ya know :embarassed: I keep many on hand
1700185755651.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The best and the cheapest toy ever! Burt loves them too and given how fast he can get through them when he is in beaver mode I am really pleased how much he is happy to just have chunks of wood.
Fergus and Fiona are SO fickle when it comes to toys, but if I had to say - I'd guess that would be tree limbs / sticks from around my yard. Fi is such a chewer, and Fergus joins her occasionally. And I guess you've SEEN their toy collection? STICKS??? REALLY??? :lol:
(please excuse the messy corner, the bird toys overflowed!)
Squeak loves the balsa rods I buy and use as customisable perches for him- he goes to town on them so they fall and I have to re position what he has left and he starts all over again. Watching him with his balsa rods reminds me of videos of less than clever people standing on the branch of a tree that they are cutting but they are on the wrong side of the cut. It is pretty funny and he looks at me like I take to too long to come replace it.
Borrowed this pic from the internet but Ollie LOVES these atom balls. We call it his girlfriend cause he will, well, ya know :embarassed: I keep many on hand
View attachment 437423
Seen so many others say their birds loved these so I bought a little bag of them for Burt and of course it is the least exciting toy he has apparently :rolleyes: I try switching it for the blocks he likes to play surprise catch with (this is where he knows we are going to play the game but he starts when I am not looking and I get a block in the head- or a half pumpkin like yesterday) but he looks at me with displeasure when I throw that to him to grab and throw back to me and then he just walks off and finds another thing to occupy his time.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
The best and the cheapest toy ever! Burt loves them too and given how fast he can get through them when he is in beaver mode I am really pleased how much he is happy to just have chunks of wood.
Absolutely. I can't recall who told me to do this but it's been the best hack ever. She goes through the fancy toys too quickly and they're too expensive for that :cautious:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pico's recent favorite has been just plain simple mahogany pod hung up on a rope 20231116_180041.jpg
20231014_182318(0).jpg
I've almost gone through a bulk order of these mahogany pods now (it's pretty cost efficient for me so I can't complain though) :D

Sonny's favorite is still the Sweet Dreams swing from Lil Monsters he loves to preen on, chew and hang off it :laugh:
20230831_172431.jpg
20230901_071955.jpg

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Absolutely. I can't recall who told me to do this but it's been the best hack ever. She goes through the fancy toys too quickly and they're too expensive for that :cautious:
Could have probably been any one of us with large birds I would think- I know there is a few of us who offer boring large chunks of wood as the constant supply of fancy toys is just too much to justify. I use the wood chips in the bottoms of my plant pots.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Pico's recent favorite has been just plain simple mahogany pod hung up on a rope View attachment 437424
View attachment 437425
I've almost gone through a bulk order of these mahogany pods now (it's pretty cost efficient for me so I can't complain though) :D

Sonny's favorite is still the Sweet Dreams swing from Lil Monsters he loves to preen on, chew and hang off it :laugh:
View attachment 437429
View attachment 437426
That mahogany pod has been well chewed- my big guys smash them to chunks about that size when they take them and my little guy wont usually touch them for some stupid reason. I dream that one day Squeak will enjoy chewing them like your sweetie has.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
That mahogany pod has been well chewed- my big guys smash them to chunks about that size when they take them and my little guy wont usually touch them for some stupid reason. I dream that one day Squeak will enjoy chewing them like your sweetie has.
He does lose interest in them once theyre too small to be hung though so I have multiple chunks of these chewed up mahagony bits I just end up throwing in their foraging trays :roflmao:
20231116_184134.jpg
Aww hopefully Squeak does try them out someday! Maybe the size intimidates him?