• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fallow Babies

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
First time parents for both of these birds, and they have two babies that I just know are going to be stunning! But who am I kidding, I basically say that about every one of my birds. LOL

Both parents were hatched and raised here in my aviary.

Dahlia (hen) - Cobalt, Goldenface I, Opaline / Fallow, Rec. Pied
Pixie (cock) - Violet, Fallow / Rec. Pied

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww. :) Congrats on the babies!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh that Dahlia is SO beautiful! I have never seen a photo of a cere that color. I notice that Dilly's cere was still looking 'in condition'...
And I wondered how long does the cere stay like that after they hatch chicks? Now I see Dahlia's cere, and I am blown away by the
very dark color. And her body coloring is over the top gorgeous... I can't believe that combination of the bright blue and green!
I really really want to see photos of these little ones as they feather out!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
They are liking that Cuttle fish bone. Good luck with the babies. Send them to me!!! (I wish)

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh that Dahlia is SO beautiful! I have never seen a photo of a cere that color. I notice that Dilly's cere was still looking 'in condition'...
And I wondered how long does the cere stay like that after they hatch chicks? Now I see Dahlia's cere, and I am blown away by the
very dark color. And her body coloring is over the top gorgeous... I can't believe that combination of the bright blue and green!
I really really want to see photos of these little ones as they feather out!

Ya, her cere is a really dark brown. It will likely start to fade in a couple of weeks, but each bird is different.

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Triple Awwww. How precious is that. Do you hand feed at all?

Only when I absolutely have to, which almost never happens. I let mom and dad do all the hard work for me, and I get the best part of snuggling, handling, and spoiling the chicks with love every day.

Because hand feeding takes up so much time, I'd have to book vacation time off work..... which isn't going to happen right now since I'm in the middle of a North American wide project that is making me want to pull my hair out! lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Awwww they are just the cutest!
That´s the most adorable stage - when all the fluffy fuzzy feathers are grown :) ❤❤

Coelle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
Awwww so cute!!! Congrats on these little darlings!

On a completely random note, can we all just take a moment to admire how baby birds at this stage look like little porcupines with their cute little 'quills' :roflmao:!

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
The parents are absolutely gorgeous and the babies are adorable. :heart:

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I'm super excited about the youngest chick in this clutch, he/she is just starting to show some body colour and it's a beautiful sky blue! Pretty much all of my fallows have been cobalt or cobalt violet, so this is a nice little surprise.

I've been super crazy swamped at work, and haven't had time to take or post pics lately, but I promise I'll get that done tonight for an update. You'll be shocked at how big and feathery they are now.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
He/she sounds beautiful! :xflove: I can’t wait to see more pictures!